Author Topic: Thinking Of Getting a Sam Yang  (Read 203960 times)

Offline Jaymo

• http://
Marvin
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 07:03:24 AM »
You might want to check your bolt and breech tube for roughness. Mine both need to be honed/polished. Roughness of either will slow down bolt travel and reduce velocity. I'm going to hone/polish both of mine and then either coat them with dry graphite or dry moly spray.
I'm thinking about making a burnishing tool for the breech tube. That way, I can smooth it out without removing metal.
15th Battalion, Mississippi Sharpshooters, CSA.

Il buono, il cattivo, ed il brutto.

\"Mmm, bacon.\"
\"Squirrel.\"
\"Mmm, squirrel.\"

Offline melloroadman

• http://
Jatno
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
Boris told me he polished it when I sent it in for repair . Yes I might tear it apart and check it out myself . Both rifles I have been told have the same valve . The 201 has less chamber area to fill and appears to handle the valveing better from the factory . The 909 is not that bad but it is not what every one thinks it is either . The 201 has a adjustable trigger and just a little better quality IMO . The power is so close in both rifles I have thought about trading or selling the 909 if I don't play with it this winter .Marvin

Offline Butcher45

• GTA Donations
Re: Thinking Of Getting a Sam Yang
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 11:01:24 PM »
     How is the trigger of the 201 adjusted?  The new 202's are advertised as being two-stage non-adjustable.  Thinking of getting an Ultra sometime down the road.  The Ultra is advertised as being a two stage adjustable.  They used to advertise the 909 as having an adjustable trigger, which it does not as far as I can tell.

On a separate note, I notice that the new 909S is advertised to have a two stage non-adjustable trigger, whereas the new 909 is said to have a single stage trigger.  Interesting.  Must be due to fixing the old issue that caused the gun to go off when the cocking lever was hit wrong.

I found out that storing my 909 with a full fill of air distorts the exhaust valve over time.  I sent it to Will Piatt for repair.  It was maxing out at 260fpe.....now I'm getting 270-285fpe out of my Leroy-tuned 909 as you can see from the numbers I posted at the beginning of this thread.  

I just yesterday broke my fourth or fifth cocking lever.  Going to have to get one fabricated.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:05:08 PM by Butcher45 »