Author Topic: Walther Falcon Hunter  (Read 14865 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Walther Falcon Hunter
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 02:37:51 PM »
Have you tried a heavier pellet Mike? The Walther's have a massive spring and the rule of thumb on pellet weight does not apply to this beast. You may have better luck with accuracy with the heavier pellets. Just my thoughts
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline mackeralboy

• http://
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 03:23:57 PM »
Gene,
Thanks for the advice. I shot a whole slew of different pellets with it the other day to get some chrony numbers and see which grouped the best. The heaviest pellets I have tried to date are; JSB Jumbo Heavies (16.5gr) 769fps, JSB Predators (16.3gr) 840fps, Logun Penatrators (20.4gr) 693fps, Beeman Crow Magnum (18.4gr) 744fps, and Beeman Kodiaks (21.5gr) 622fps. It was real intersting that when I shot any pellets heavier than the Jumbo Heavies that my gun was significantly louder and felt as if the piston was slamming harder. Just the opposite of what I had expected. My Gamo 1250 did the same thing with the heavier pellets. I found that my Falcon Hunter grouped best with JSB Jumbos (15.9gr) 840fps and Crosman Primieres (14.26gr) 872fps.  While I'm talking numbers the fastest pellets I shot were the RWS Hobby (11.9gr) 963fps.
At this point I think that the 2 biggest contributers to lack of accuracy are the excessive recoil and the wobbly plastic trigger. The recoil might be rectified with a gas ram and the trigger might become my next custom project for this gun.
Air Arms Prosport .22 cal
Beeman SS1000H .22 cal
Beeman P1 .20 cal
Benjamin Discovery .22 cal
BSA Lightning Tactical XL .22 cal
Crosman 1377 converted to .22 cal by Tim McMurry
Crosman Quest 800X .22 cal
Crosman Nitro .22 cal
Gamo 1250 .177 cal
Gamo 1250 .22 cal
Gamo Whisper .177 cal
Theoben Eliminator .25 cal
Walther Falcon Hunter .22 cal

Offline CHINAGUNNER

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »
Hi Mike, I didn't mention this but I bought my Falcon Hunter with the gas spring conversion.  Also my Talon Magnum.  My first hunter was a conventional, the first shot went 1235 fps. Thats with a 14.3 grn. Crosman dome.  It started shooting very eratic, by shot 50 it slowed to 500fps.  Broken spring, I called PA and sent it back.  I really liked the Hunter so I ordered another with the gas ram after reading how good it was.   If you never shot a gas ram you will be in for a surprise. It still has recoil, but no spring torque,twang etc.  Even with the crack in the stock I was shooting ragged one holers at ten meters. ( five shot groups).  Mind you, It will fight you when you cock it.  From the first inch of travel till the sear engages.  I dont know how much effort it takes Im guessing maybe 47-50 lbs.  The conventional will start off light and get progressively harder till the sear engages.  I hope you will do the conversion,  I wish all my springers can be converted.  Food for thought,  ever think of selling unfinished stocks for the Falcon Hunters and Talon Magnums?  If you do, please let me know I might really be interested.  Thanks, CHINAGUNNER

Offline mackeralboy

• http://
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
Jeff thanks for the info on the gas ram. I'm 99.9999999% sure i'm going to send it to Pyramyd for the instal in the next month or two. After that, it will be trying to figure out how to replace that wobbly trigger.
Air Arms Prosport .22 cal
Beeman SS1000H .22 cal
Beeman P1 .20 cal
Benjamin Discovery .22 cal
BSA Lightning Tactical XL .22 cal
Crosman 1377 converted to .22 cal by Tim McMurry
Crosman Quest 800X .22 cal
Crosman Nitro .22 cal
Gamo 1250 .177 cal
Gamo 1250 .22 cal
Gamo Whisper .177 cal
Theoben Eliminator .25 cal
Walther Falcon Hunter .22 cal

Offline Marino

• GTA Donations
RE: Walther Falcon Hunter
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »
Awesome job. I'm odering the Walther Falcon Hunter with gas-ram this week and have heard plenty claim the stock and trigger are cheap. I'm already looking for a replacement stock and trigger.

Offline coochie

RE: Walther Falcon Hunter
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 02:33:50 PM »
i have a walther talon .22. I would love to have a wooden stock. is there any chance you could make another one or sell the one you allready made? by the way, the new one i have has only one screw on each side in the front. the srew on the right side screws into the screw on the left. it dosent screw into the "receiver" itself