PCP - HPA - C02 Gate > Crosman Discovery Forum

Muzzle Brake.

<< < (4/5) > >>

cokezero:
just installed my TKO muzzle break on my discovery today and WOW you guys weren't kidding. night and day difference kinda like the satisfaction i got from bigcat trigger to GRTIII.

White Thunder:
Did you guys send your fill cap's in to be machined?  Is there a way around that?

Anyone try the MB50 break?  

Thanks

ZITRO:
Hi  folks,  after installing one on one of my Discos....  well I got to say it really works,  I'm happy with it , the only problem that  I have so far is that when I try to refill my gun   the  female fitting on the pump doesn't  connects  freely into the guns fiting   it kind of touches the MB , is this normal or my barrel is too low ?  or maye I  pushed the MB in too much on to the barrel , does anybody has pictures  on how you refill your Disco when you have a TKO instaled on it .  ,
thanks .

TKO22:
The barrel band designon the Discovery (and other 22xx Crosman designs) is such that when the two set-screws are tightened on the barrel band, the barrel and airtube s are squeezed together.

This has the same effect as a "drooping" barrel on a springer: You culd run out of "up" adjustment on your scope, the barrel is under a downward tension, and most important (to me!) is when a barrel extension is added (like the TKO brake) the barrel center line is angling downward and encroaches into the space needed toattach the fill adapter and fill the gun.

The solution is to either shim the barrel and airtube away from each other, or add set screws to the barrel band to separate the barrel and keep the breec h (which is the scope mounting point) and the barrel in line, and parallel to the airtube.

Shim by loosening the barrel band set screws, cutting 4 pieces from a soda can about 1/2" X 1/2" and forming 2 of them to the radius of the barrel and 2 to the radius of the airtube. Slip one or two of the shims UNDER the barrel between the barrel and baelband and one or two shims OVER the airtube between the airtube and barrel band. When in place, gently tighten the set screws. Too tight and you will undo the work you accomplished by shimming.

A much better and stronger way is to drill and tap 4 additional set-screw holes on the sides of the band ... 2 angling upward to the barrel and 2 angling downward to the airtube. This triangulates the barrel and airtube mounting and makes for a very sturdy barrel mount. It is tricky to drill the angled holes on the flat sides of the band. I use a stub mill to mill a flat for the drill bit to work on. Not sure if I can attach a pict of a drilld band but here is a try:

Pict of a drilled band on a pistol:
http://www.tko22.com/TKO_gallery/images/drilledBand2260BR.jpg

Close up of band:
http://www.tko22.com/TKO_gallery/images/drilledBand.jpg

Note the two set screws on each siide ... one angling upward and one angling downward.

With the barrel parallel to the airtube like it should be, it's easy to attach and fill the discovery.

AND I am totally convinced throough lots of testing that the drilled barrel band is the most reliable way to increase acuracy of the discovery rifle. Better than all other barrel work combined.

Have a great week!

MIke T.

p.s. Adding another barrelband that isn't shimmed or drilled makes the situation worse. For a hunting gun, I recommend 2 drilled bands for best "ruggedness".

ZITRO:
Thank you  Mr.  TK22  problem solved ,
I did exactly what your post says to both of my  Discos now the refilling is a lot easier .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version