Author Topic: Breaking the ice...joys of 12fpe  (Read 2742 times)

Offline rob3dr

• GTA Donations
    • http://
Breaking the ice...joys of 12fpe
« on: June 13, 2006, 02:57:52 PM »
I'm hoping that non Gamo/Chinese gun discussion is welcom here.

I just the other day got my latest toy, an AirArms S400C in .177 caliber. Just a 12fpe gun, but let me tell you.... for plinking and target work and perhaps the occasional pest, 12fpe is where its at. I've got airguns ranging in power from 3 to over 300fpe and perhaps its just that this gun is new, but for pure shooting pleasure, this little gem is just tops in my book.

For starters the 400c just points and handles like a dream. The stock is such that offhand shooting is very comfortable. Accuracy is superb. Even without a moderator (by the way, is moderator discussion allowable so long as it dont get out of hand with 1000 questions asking how to illegally buy or make one???) its very quiet to shoot. The fact that it uses very little air and is easy to pump with a hand pump only adds to the pleasure. I havent had the chance to do long shot strings with it to see how many shots I get, but I did chrony my first shot off a 190 bar fill at a touch over 800fps using CPL's. After shooting roughly 20 or so shots at some groups, I chronied again and it was at 813fps.

Anyway, I got the gun from Jim at Presicion Air and he was great to work with and delivered the goods.
\"You\'ll shoot your eye out!\"

RE: Breaking the ice...joys of 12fpe
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 02:08:39 AM »
As an active EV2 shooter I too know the joys of 12ft-lbs.   I've never shot, but was able to shoulder a S-200 at GOB shoot and really like the balance.  Watching the guys shoot it reiterated the fact that the gun is quiet!

Good luck with it.

MM