General Discussion To Gateway To Airguns > Airgun Gate

Diana 34 scope mount

<< < (3/3)

geiger:
personally i'd stay away from two piece mounts. having droop compensation is nice but not obligatory. i use the cheapest Gamo one piece high mount, and i shimmed the back ring with a slice of packaging plastic foil. you know the type that you normally see in cardboard boxes that have a transparent window (for instance toy packages).
the gamo mount is very practical since it has the stop pin directly by the end of the mount, so instead of using the pin hole i turned the mound around and made so that the stop pin is a bit out of the rail. that prevents it to move backwards. i've been shooting like this for months now and everything works just fine and nothing moves.

tjk:
I'd just wait untill you get the rifle and shoot it some. Adjusting the "irons" elevation will give you a good idea of how much droop your barrel may or may not have,....also a straight edge will help you to evaluate which mount you need,...be it the UTG 34, 46,. or the non compensating rail they offer. Ring heighth (SP?!?!) is totally dependant on the shooter. I put the 34 rail on my,..34!!! And it works great. My B-28A has no droop to merit a comp mount,..so I chose the Non-Comp rail for it,...Again,....excellent results and performance!! Like I said, Wait until you get the weapon and shoot it some. Then you'll get a better feeling of which route to take,...Mount/rail wise. tjk

cnsjones:
Good common sense advice and that is eggzactly what I'm gonna do! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version