Author Topic: Hammerli 850 mod?  (Read 5923 times)

Offline DougT

• http://
Hammerli 850 mod?
« on: February 26, 2010, 02:39:17 PM »
My transformation is almost complete!  I recently picked up a very good condition .22 Hammerli 850.  I also picked up a used Benji hand pump and a better quality o-ring replacement kit.  Next week will be the HPA cylinder and 1600psi regulator.  After mods this should sling 14.3g pellets around 900fps.

Some of my starling shooting only requires about 650-700fps so I've been thinking about making a power adjuster.  A normal screw type would be extremely easy but would require you to count the turns between HI and LOW or anywhere in between.  I'm looking for a "2 speed tranny" so to speak.  A lever you can push forward for full power and slide back for "economy".  That should also give a lot more shots at low power.  You would turn the left-side thumb wheel (purple) out about 1-2 turns which would unlock the preload plunger (yellow).  You would then slide the power selector lever (green) forward or back, then screw the thumb wheel back in to lock the preload plunger in position.  Should only take a couple seconds to do and be visually verifiable as to power setting.

I'm attaching a sketch of how I'll build it.  I have a machine shop so that shouldn't be a problem.  Let me know what you think.

Hammerli 850 HPA .22 & Leapers 3-9x32  --  TF-89 .22 & Leapers 4x32
---------------------
2010 air rifle kills
288 starlings
235 pigeons
6 crows
25 other birds
56 ground squirrels
3 tree squirrels

---------------------
2009 air rifle kills
181 various birds