General Discussion To Gateway To Airguns > Crosman-Benjamin Gate

CHRONY TEST TRAIL NP

(1/7) > >>

Perry50:
Well the new .22 Trail NP arrived today and while there was still sunlight I decided to take it outside and shoot it over the chrony. It was about 80 degrees and muzzle was about 2 feet from chrony.

These are 5 shot averages:

CP 14.3 gr.....................732 FPS..........17.0 FPE
Benjamin HP 14.3...........779 FPS..........19.3 FPE
Polymag 16 gr................688 FPS..........16.8 FPE
Crow Magnum 18.2.........698 FPS..........19.7 FPE
JSB Exact 15.8 gr............691 FPS..........16.8 FPE
Kodiak Extra Heavy 21.1...636 FPS..........19.0 FPE
EUN JIN 28.4 gr..............518 FPS..........17.0 FPE

I am surprised at the differences in speed and energy with the various pellets. The numbers were consistant with each specific pellet but ranged with different types and sizes.

I found some pellets to be tight fitting and the tighter fitting pellets seemed to have more energy. The CP's were rather loose fitting compared to it's cousin the Benji (Crosman) 14.3 gr. hollow point.

I think it will improve after more pellets are shot but a max of 19.7 FPE isn't bad at all.

The firing cycle is very smooth with little recoil and the gun is quiet. The cocking effort is easy maybe 30 lbs? Tomorrow I will fit the scope and punch holes in paper.

The wood work is very nice and I am impressed with the gun after one day.

More to follow.

longislandhunter:
Looks like you got yourself a shooter :)

Some very good numbers,,,, especially for the kodiaks and crow  mags...

Jeff

daveshoot:

Thanks for taking the time to put those numbers up. In .22 I would not be unhappy with these velocities, and it will be interesting to see how they develop after a couple hundred pellets. Looking forward to accuracy testing next!

I kinda think this is the piston for me. I like the weight and ergonomics of this one. Any comments on safety and trigger are most welcome!

djmyers:
Sounds like you have a good gun. Have fun and good luck with it.

airiscool:
Perry,
Congrats on the New Trail. It sounds like some  good numbers for a gas ram with only about 30 lbs cocking force.

Just curious to compare, have you tried weighing the gun with the scope and sling on it yet?  Mine's about 1-1/2 pounds heavier than what Crosman lists. I doubt they are including the scope and rings in the weight, but without any iron sights, I think they should.

Got any pix ?

Paul.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version