General Discussion To Gateway To Airguns > Crosman-Benjamin Gate

Lube for Nitro Piston Rifle

<< < (3/3)

airiscool:
Gene,
"Synthetic seals generally get dried and hard because of heat. Most of them are OEM nylon seals. The seals the tuners use from JM are high temp poly seals which take allot more heat to turn them hard. But they are suseptable to miss use from to light a pellet in general.."

Good to know, thanks for explaining the differance in seal materials.

Paul.

Gene_SC:
Paul

Bob and I started the GTA in order to help new air gunners and expand the hobby/ssport. We do not look at it as a thankless job. We love it and our gratification comes from all we help and the fantastic GTA family that supports the GTA. There are others that know quite a bit about this hobby/sport and are always glad to help another person out. Our Moderator with there combined knowledge are a fantastic asset to the GTA. We have some of the most talented Moderator and GTA members than any other air gun forum on the net. I am sure proud of everyone as well as Bob.

CharlieDaTuna:
Hi Paul and you are right.

And what bothers me more than anything else is that if a newbie (and others) sees the misinformation that a few people let dribble out of their mouths that have been around for a short time and think they have all of the answers, the newcomer is misinformed and confused and may act on the misinformation causing damages or bad experiences with their hobby and airgun's and sometimes even danger to themselves and others around them.

We have very few of those types on our forums and do what we can to hold it to a minimum and weed them out as many members are aware of. We usually eventually contact those persons with a written warning (I just sent one out today to one of our "experts") and if they persist, they don't usually last long. We just don't need them here, they are not welcome here and there is a lot of other places they can go to spew their misinformation and counter productive posts. AND.... WE WILL HELP THEM ON THEIR WAY TO GET THERE.

We have a great many members who share and contribute a lot of information and pass on to the membership their experiences over time along with successes and failures. That's what makes our forum what it is.... A GREAT PLACE TO BE"  .... and we intend to keep it that way.

I hate to be a "hard nose" or a "stick-in-the-mud" but Gene and I and we as a membership have a lot invested in our forum(s) to let a few create problems, troubles and/or issues for our existing membership as well as new comers in the future. And to those that contact Gene and I regarding questionable information being posted and those that post the information, we listen and welcome your comments. And to the one that e-mailed me last night, hey.... you are not complaining ... just bringing things to light and concerned about the interest of others and Gene and I both thank you.

airiscool:
Bob,

Yes, it is a great place indeed !!!!

It's because of all that work and worry you all put in. It is very evident. And because of how well you all run it, and the resulting class of people here, is why this is the only AG forum I post on.

Thanks again.

Paul

Perry50:
I am a newbie to this great site and a relative newbie to airguns. I have owned airguns on and off over the past 20 years but have just recently got more involved in them.

I'm glad that I found this web site. The search function has provided lots of good reading and the old timmers and administrators seem to enjoy passing on useful tips and information.

I really appreciate all the help so far. I just ordered the GRT-II trigger and am looking forward to installing it on my new Trail NP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version