Airguns

GTA
May 27, 2017, 04:08:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

READ THIS:
This Is The Old GTA Forums, Which Is Now An Archive. No New Post Nor New Registrations Allowed Here.
Please Go To The NEW GTA Forums:
CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Login Register GTA Library GTA Mall
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking Of Getting a Sam Yang  (Read 179336 times)
Jaymo

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »

You might want to check your bolt and breech tube for roughness. Mine both need to be honed/polished. Roughness of either will slow down bolt travel and reduce velocity. I'm going to hone/polish both of mine and then either coat them with dry graphite or dry moly spray.
I'm thinking about making a burnishing tool for the breech tube. That way, I can smooth it out without removing metal.

15th Battalion, Mississippi Sharpshooters, CSA.

Il buono, il cattivo, ed il brutto.

\"Mmm, bacon.\"
\"Squirrel.\"
\"Mmm, squirrel.\"
melloroadman

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »

Boris told me he polished it when I sent it in for repair . Yes I might tear it apart and check it out myself . Both rifles I have been told have the same valve . The 201 has less chamber area to fill and appears to handle the valveing better from the factory . The 909 is not that bad but it is not what every one thinks it is either . The 201 has a adjustable trigger and just a little better quality IMO . The power is so close in both rifles I have thought about trading or selling the 909 if I don't play with it this winter .Marvin
Butcher45
GTA Donations

Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 12:01:24 AM »

How is the trigger of the 201 adjusted?  The new 202's are advertised as being two-stage non-adjustable.  Thinking of getting an Ultra sometime down the road.  The Ultra is advertised as being a two stage adjustable.  They used to advertise the 909 as having an adjustable trigger, which it does not as far as I can tell.

On a separate note, I notice that the new 909S is advertised to have a two stage non-adjustable trigger, whereas the new 909 is said to have a single stage trigger.  Interesting.  Must be due to fixing the old issue that caused the gun to go off when the cocking lever was hit wrong.

I found out that storing my 909 with a full fill of air distorts the exhaust valve over time.  I sent it to Will Piatt for repair.  It was maxing out at 260fpe.....now I'm getting 270-285fpe out of my Leroy-tuned 909 as you can see from the numbers I posted at the beginning of this thread.  

I just yesterday broke my fourth or fifth cocking lever.  Going to have to get one fabricated.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:05:08 AM by Butcher45 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

[