Author Topic: Beeman 1073 (RS2) dual caliber break barrel  (Read 6563 times)

Offline bigbadwulff

• http://
Beeman 1073 (RS2) dual caliber break barrel
« on: April 17, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »
Haven't seen a review of this gun here or found one on the search feature so here goes
Let me give you a background on me so you can gain a better sense of this review. I've been shooting air rifles most of my life but very seldom and informally. Just general plinking and some squirrel and bird control.
I had a Crosman 1400 .22 pump for a long, long time and that is my only experience with air rifles. For those of you not familiar with the Crosman 1400 I'd say it's similar to a Benjamin 392.
I recently got back into air guns after doing research on the net for rifles. I saw this rifle at Walmart, went home and read about it and went back and bought it.

I'll save you some reading and put some bullet points up.

-Loctite the barrel mount bolts!
-DO NOT use Daisy pointed pellets in the .177 barrel. They shoot all over the place!
-Crosman Premier hollow points do very well with this gun and even Daisy flats do well.
-some complain about cocking force but I have no problems with it. Measures out at 45 lbs on my bathroom scales but seems easier than that.
-the scope is very clear and has ocular adjustments. After Loctite it holds in place well. Before?....................... forget it!
-shooting power seems more than adequate
-thicker breech seal helps (8x12x2 mm)
-it is a little heavy but I guess that is good for a springer. The combination of weight and cocking force makes this not a good choice for kids or slight-build women(or some wimpy men for that matter ;) )
-stock is very nice for a gun of this price.
-RS2 two-stage, adjustable trigger has very good feel

For the price, $129, it was perfect for me and my uses.

Two barrels, a nice stock, a decent scope, and a nice trigger are a great plus.

Offline Yaboi562

• GTA Donations
    • http://Www.myspace.com
Re: Beeman 1073 (RS2) dual caliber break barrel
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:05:59 PM »
I just. Bought this gun two killed three rats *_*_*_*_*_*ers didnt know what hit them  i was thinking about cutting the butt off and having a pistol grip rifle with a red dot so u cAn fit it in a backpack if i undo the barrel two probley not gonna do this till i get a nice pcp then it will be a fun little project