Author Topic: Question on Remington summit .22 tune aka B19  (Read 6949 times)

Offline professorjason

• GTA Donations
Question on Remington summit .22 tune aka B19
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:29:24 AM »
Question on Remington summit .22 tune (aka B19) hello all, question on getting my summit .22.I want it  to shoot faster and more accurate. From what i have read this rifle will shoot a .22 14.3 grain about 720 fps. I will be using this rifle for mainly hunting and plan on using a GRT III trigger and doing charlie's Tune that he posted on his site . Anyway , I emailed charlie today and he said to post this question in here. If i put the above mentioned items in the rifle and add a heavier spring what can i expect for increased fps and what sping should i use?
Thanks for any info in advance.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Question on Remington summit .22 tune aka B19
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »
Welcome aboard Jason. Your question is a very popular question here on the GTA. My answer is you can use a tarantula spring and apex seal from JM. But the piston will not take a larger spring. The wire on the tarantula springs is high in quality and much more stable than the Chinese springs that Crosman uses. The apex seals are made of poly instead of nylon which will conform to the combustion chamber much better and last much longer as long as you do not shoot light wt pellets.

A CDT Turbo Tune is based on performance and not based on higher fps. Follow his tuning instructions and use the parts I mentioned and you will end up with at very nice shooter. If you do not have access to a lathe to make a custom delrin spring guide or new custom top hat, you will need to substitute the tarantula spring with a 3650 spring. Your stock guide and top hatwould be to loose for the tarantula spring.

When we tune springers we make new custom top hats and custom spring guides to fit the new tarantula springs. This may not be mentioned in CDT's B-19 guide. Along with a GRT and a turbo tune you will have one sweet shooter on your hands..... Best of luck....
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline professorjason

• GTA Donations
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »
Thanks for your quick responce, I understand your comment about performance and not FPS. I am toataly after better "performance" but am also concerned with FPS because of FPE for Ridding my yard of coons. My current setup is putting out 16.5 Fpe at the muzzle, So i figure if i could get it shooting a little Faster i could be in the low to mid 20's FPE. So far i took out one coon (12 lbs) @ about 15 yards using gammo rockets 14.3 grain. I know i could go out and buy a maruder .25 pcp and have no probs but i think this rifle can do the job and it would be fun to mod it.

Offline professorjason

• GTA Donations
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 05:38:48 PM »
FYI ok... well i just got another raccoon from 50 yards... (small though ...mabey 7 lbs) 1 st  shot brought him off the roof , 2nd shot was at him on the ground because i dont like to see suffering.