Author Topic: Been playing with the disco  (Read 7117 times)

Offline gmh45345

• GTA Donations
    • http://
Been playing with the disco
« on: May 22, 2010, 12:39:43 PM »
Changed it from .177 to .22 cal.,did some polishing on the trigger,added a power adjuster(my own design).lightened the hammer,(about 35 grms)cut the hammer spring two coils. with the adjuster in to where the gun will not cock then backed off I am getting an average of 810 fps.for about 25 shots,But boy did the noise level go up.Think I will turn down the fps to about 750 and see if noise level drops some .
Gary

Offline Silverback

• GTA Donations
RE: Been playing with the disco
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »
Do you have a TKO surpressor on this beast?  

Fly your flag now.  Tomorrow might be to late.

Offline DaveShooter

Re: Been playing with the disco
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 02:18:32 AM »
I need to get me a TKO for my 22 cal Disco. Been playing with the Mrods right now but I will get a tko in the future for the old Disco.... hear they really help reduce noise.....

Offline Silverback

• GTA Donations
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:14:27 AM »
The TKO surpressor does make a big differance... in my gun anyways.  But my gun was very low on power.  I also have an FX Revolution in .22 caliber.  I was shooting some golf balls at 25 yards and the FX was burying the pellets inside the ball.  Where my disco was bouncing the 14.1 CP off with no penatration at all.  That is when I decieded to send my Disco to TKO for his tune up.

I hate to pay for shipping when it comes by truck.  As retired Navy... I know the differance.

Offline gmh45345

• GTA Donations
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 09:17:42 AM »
No brake yet, but if I do put one on it will be a TKO. Working on a set up for hunting at about 35 yards max  that will still get enough power to take a ground hog.
Gary

Offline DaveShooter

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 10:10:11 AM »
That is awsome

Offline spysir

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »
You dont mean real regular golf balls do you? Shooting regular golf balls is not safe, the practice/whiffle type is just fine.
Just for kicks once I bumped our .177 Disco up to 27.8fpe.

John

Offline Silverback

• GTA Donations
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 03:56:12 PM »
spysir - 5/29/2010  5:09 PM

You dont mean real regular golf balls do you? Shooting regular golf balls is not safe.

John

I started shooting regular golf balls when I was shooting my .17 HMR.  My surprise was the bullets passed right thru.  

My FX Revolution shoots the GP14.3 g right INTO the golf ball.  That is when I knew my Disco was low on power.  Disco would glance right off, even with a direct hit.  

I will not shoot golf ball again except once more...LOL.... when I get my disco back from Mike at TKO.  I have to try it to see what it does to a "know" hard target.  Forgive me!!!