Author Topic: Questions about Benjamin or Ruger upgrades...  (Read 4545 times)

Offline capt_crunch

• GTA Donations
Questions about Benjamin or Ruger upgrades...
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
I am considering buying the Super Streak and I am in Canada - up here the limit for air rifles is 500 FPS before you need to get a special license. I can buy a Super Streak that is, apparently, modified somehow to meet this restriction. I'm thinking this was probably done by using a slightly weaker spring and of course I am wondering if I just bought a replacement spring if I could get the gun back to it's original specs? I would naturally need to get the proper license after doing this. Does anyone know if my thinking about this is correct?  Another gun I am considering for the same treatment is the Ruger Hawk.

Thanks for any help.
D

Offline JimL911

• http://
RE: Questions about Benjamin or Ruger upgrades...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 05:54:03 PM »
There are only so many ways to lower the speed. Shorter/weaker springs, lighter piston, sizing the transfer port, hole in the piston face, shorter piston stroke. Without disassembling and taking measurements it is impossible to say what has been done.

I would recommend the Air Hawk. It has a better trigger out of the box. Very easy to work on and being a copy of a Diana 34, after market parts/ kits are readily available.