Author Topic: Old Member Back - Need some advice  (Read 5131 times)

Offline PAshooter

• GTA Donations
Old Member Back - Need some advice
« on: July 22, 2010, 09:31:12 PM »
Hello All,

I havent been around for a while but Im back for some advice.  a few years back I bought a Gamo Whisper and added the GRT-III trigger.  I loved this rifle but stupidly sold it and I have regretted it ever since.  I am into shooting (mostly my AR-15 and 1911 Pistol) but I want to get another airgun because thats all I can shoot where I live for safety reasons. 

I am looking for advice on a decent rifle to get me back in the airgun game.  Unfortunately my budget isnt what it used to be so replacing the Whisper would be a stretch.  I stopped by the local Wally World today and other than the Red Ryder and cheap Daisy's they had the Crosman Storm XT with 4x32 Centerpoint Scope for $109. Is this a decent rifle or are there others that are better for not much more cash?  I also loved the GRT-III trigger so a rifle that would accept that trigger would be a bonus.

If I could find a Gamo with the metal trigger I might stretch the budget, are they really hard to find?

Thanks everyone for your help and opinions.  Its nice to be back.

PAshooter
GAMO WHISPER with GRT-III Trigger - SOLD IT, Still Regret It

Offline targetdriver

• http://
Re: Old Member Back - Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:02:54 PM »
The Gamo Big Cat takes the GRT-III trigger and can be found on the net in various place in the $120-$130 range.  It's no Whisper that you got rid of, but for the price range it's good. I think even Wal-Mart sells 'em.

Amazon :http://www.amazon.com/Gamo-Big-Cat-1200-rifle/dp/B000W1YN5K $130/free shipping
Mike
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:05:18 PM by targetdriver »

Offline PAshooter

• GTA Donations
Re: Old Member Back - Need some advice
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »
Do all the new Big Cats still have the metal trigger?  I thought Gamo changed to the plastic trigger?
GAMO WHISPER with GRT-III Trigger - SOLD IT, Still Regret It