Author Topic: Old Daisy Model 200 CO2 pistol...  (Read 7847 times)

Offline vinceb

• http://
Old Daisy Model 200 CO2 pistol...
« on: August 17, 2006, 12:25:21 PM »
A guy at work has one of these (from when he was a kid), and he asked me to try to fix it. After futzing around with it, some cleaning and a very generous oiling was all it needed... plus a little filing on the feed mechanism.

Anyhow, I've got it working fairly well, and shot a couple of cartridge's worth of BB's through it. It really is a pleasant gun - fits the hand well, balances well... and it has an absolutely TERRIFIC trigger for a double-action BB gun! Light pull, really crisp let-off, and short travel.

There's no valve hammer to cock back, it has an "elevator" that lifts the BB up to the barrel and releases the gas valve when you pull the trigger. Obviously it's a farly robust mechanism... it still works despite 30-year-old seals. It clocked at around 440fps, and got about 100 shots from a single cartridge.

So what ever happened to this mechanism? It's far superior to ay other double-action steel BB or gas airsoft pistol I've tried... and even better than some single-action. it is a real joy to shoot. Any clue why it went away?

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
RE: Old Daisy Model 200 CO2 pistol...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:45:32 PM »
I bet  you were havin fun with his gun Vince...:) You gonna give it back or tell him it died and you burried it..lol

It seems that production costs and marketing have left behind the way things were made in the past. It probably would cost them more to produce a BB gun exactly like that today.

I bet that guy probably does not realize what a nice BB gun he has.. :)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline vinceb

• http://
RE: Old Daisy Model 200 CO2 pistol...
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:37:14 AM »
Well.. as far as the ergonomics go, that's right. It's an absolute pleasure to hold and shoot.

But shoots like dog poop... I've got plastic-BB firing airsoft pistols that group better than that thing. At longer ranges (30' and up), you can see the BB's taking rather violent twists and turns on the way to missing the target.

My $29 Daisy 15XT actually SHOOTS much better... but the trigger and hold aren't nearly as good. The mechanism is much cruder on the new gun - but it appears that the barrel is better!

Re: Old Daisy Model 200 CO2 pistol...
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 05:01:35 AM »
I got one of these at a gun show located at hidden valley sportsmen club here in Pa. I paid about 40 bucks from it, I got it from a guy who deals extensively with air soft guns but he just happened to acquire one. I took it home and threw some Co2 in it but it wouldn't budge I was loading it on my car seat when Whoosh it shot the seat! I took the gun threw the cartridge out and put a new one in, I pointed it towards a safe backdrop and didn't even pull the trigger. The gun started firing on its own. Apparently it had been in storage for quite some time. It works fine now and I must say it is superior to any of my other Co2 pistols, it is pretty darn accurate and it is a beautifully crafted pistol. You would swear it was a match gun at first glance.  

As for the mechanism, I think it is kind of touchy. It works almost too well. A light trigger pull isn't always a good thing especially nowadays with kids goofing around with these things. It probably was swapped out for a more safety minded piece of equipment. Nonetheless it is one sweet air pistol.