Author Topic: webley patriot .25 cal. info needed  (Read 5640 times)

Offline Bhawanna

• http://airgunrecon.com
webley patriot .25 cal. info needed
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:51:15 PM »
i found a good deal on a webley patriot .25 cal but wanted to get some info before committing on it.  i know this gun will be hard to cock and is heavier than the rws 350 mag but is it hold sensitive and will it hold a decent pattern at 30 yards?  i wouldn't be interested in this gun except it is a .25 cal.  has anyone done a chrony on this caliber patriot?  any advice is welcome.  thanx.
The hardest part of getting old is trying to look good naked!

Offline Progun

• http://comcast
Re: webley patriot .25 cal. info needed
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 03:25:19 AM »
Roger,About your "good deal" on a Webley Patriot. If this is the new Turkish(Hatsan) Webley Patriot, are you aware that Pyramid Air has suspended their sales of this model because it is nowhere near the performance of the formerly English Patriot? I myself bought a .22cal Patriot from Straight Shooters and returned it because it would only get 17fpe. Kevin at Straight Shooters promised to chrony one before shipping another one to me. Well it's been 3 weeks and he hasn't found one to ship to me yet. Apparantly the new Webley Patriots just don't live up to expectations.Bottom line--If this is the new Patriot I'd have to test drive before buying.English should be OK.

Offline RedFeather

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:39:44 AM »
I cruise the classifieds and auctions on a regular basis.   Lately, I have seen the prices on Patriots dropping well below what they had been.  In fact, the one's advertised as English made usually are running a hundred to hundred-fifty more.  At first I thought the cheaper ones must be ads placed by sellers who didn't know what the guns were worth.  Now I'm beginning to suspect it's all about quality, as stated above.  If you are really hankering after a .25, it may be wise to spend the extra money and get the made in the UK model.

RE: webley patriot .25 cal. info needed
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »
Roger,I have both the KODIAK & PATRIOT from England,I would not buy one from TURKEY......They are garbage...TRUST ME.....The older models are becoming a bit more pricey........I have two great cond. guns.....I wouldn't think about giving them-up.....if you can find a good used one,jump all over it...........

Offline kennisondan

• GTA Donations
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 04:04:34 PM »
Hello guys : new here. thought I would jump out nto airguns and bought a used webley pat. 25 and had the air venturi ram put into it... it seems to shoot fairly hard but do not have a chrony. Using beeman silver arrow pellets right now... with the air ram, will that insure good performance from the gun if it is indeed a pure turkish gun ? some folks are saying the turkish guns that are not as reliable are looking more like the hatsans and not really like the webley, but mine looks like the webley UK but is stamped turkey... what is the problem with the turkish guns ?  there was reference to low speed... what kind of penetration should I get to know it is working properly without a chrony.. at least a rough estimate ?
really should I just send the gun back to the pyramid seller ? I have only received it a week ago and was tempted to send it back already, but it seems to shoot OK with nothing to compare it to... I bought a few thousand pellets of two types and weigts to get started; I do not look forward to shipping all of it back and cannot see what 25 cal. to get if this one has to go back... I like the idea of the air ram for proprulsion... I wanted more pop than the standard calibers and wanted some power too..
is it that, to get a new 25  would have to go to the pcp's like the sumatra or somthing like that ? I hate to invest that much and have that involved a charging propulsion system.... and may just opt for a 22 caliber, but really wanted a 25...
with a 25 gr. pellet what kind of penetration should I get on a certain medium you specify ? what do you get with your english guns ? I may not wait for a UK gun to come available used as I am into instant gratification...
thanks for the help... ther is a lot of info and mis info out there and I need some fact..
thanks in advance
dan kennison

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 01:07:22 AM »
Dan, the .25 is perfect for the PATRIOT..To answer your question:what is it with the TURKISH guns.....well pretty self explainable...THEY ARE NOT MADE IN ENGLAND....I,m not saying that you got a bad rifle,I just feel they should have let the PATRIOT/KODIAK BE........They cannot compete with the ENGLISH version,on the worst English day.........I myself have never experienced the PYRAMID gas-ram...Once again I believe that the market for gas-rams has been cornered by THEOBEN.......Again I'm not saying that the copies are not good,I am speaking soley from within my own opinions......I recently sent my ENGLISH PATRIOT to David Slade(master of gas-rams)to install a THEOBEN GAS-RAM......I can't wait to get it back.........GOOD LUCK! LET US KNOW HOW YOUR PATRIOT breaks in.........