Author Topic: I just got this email  (Read 14990 times)

Offline TCups

• http://
Re: I just got this email
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 06:47:16 AM »
Well said Gene.  As you know, it was only the luck of the draw that kept me out of the military service in Vietnam.  Those of our age not only served and sacrificed, but in many (most?) cases did so after being drafted, not after volunteering their service -- not that that makes the service or sacrifice of either any less meaningful.  I count a few friends that didn't make it back from Vietnam, and more who came back forever changed by the experience.  Thank you, sir.

Offline Jerrycup

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 06:53:09 AM »

Offline jeep98

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 02:21:02 PM »
Jerrycup; I think I am starting to understand. It (demagogue) clears up why 'Compassionate Conservatism' , 'Collateral Damage' and other words are used to cover the facts. And yet,  we still do not have the definition of what "is' is.  Again respectfully, jeep98

Offline 3n00n

Godwin's law assumes that a 'Nazi' mention is hyperbole!
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »
The problem isthat, the Godwin's law concept states "It does not apply to discussions directly addressing genocide, propaganda, or other mainstays of the Nazi regime."
`
In this case 'propaganda' and 'smoke & mirrors' government controls are a mainstay of the Gestapo, Third Reich, as well as the media / governmentsheeple control in the US, which is applicable to the discussion.
`
`
`
`
This is the US, so why are we being lied to?
`
I have no problem supportingUS Troops, but find it appalling thatthey are dying in a 'for profit' scamcreated byinternational bankers that own the Federal Reserve!

Offline gunsup0331

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 06:24:26 AM »
Today is the first time i have seen that video, and it truly reflects the mindset of the troops have been on the ground in Iraq, i can say that because i was there twice.  Iraq is becoming free-er(?) by every passing day.
 I dont care or know if Bush broke laws or not to go there, the "Iraq War" or--> LIBERATION  has made a tremendous difference for the better for the people of Iraq.  If you have differing opinions you must be some kind of armchair warrior eating up the leftist internet propaganda.
 I was there, i talked to people who were in the invasion, and i have spoken with countless REAL Iraqi people.  They *_*_*_*_*_*ing love Bush and the USMC. They dont like the Army though, lol.(<--no offense to anyone BTW)
  Those who say they will not vote for the lesser of two evils have a naive and socially retarded mindset.  Somebody has got to win, and its not gonna be some random third party savior.
  But hey, i dont think John McCain is evil, so im in the clear :)  Those who make statements about "the truth in Iraq" need to observe the rule which has already been mentioned here: "if you aint been there STFU"
BTW, with all this good coming out of Iraq, if i get cheaper gas as a side benefit, woohoo no harm no foul.

Offline TCups

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 07:27:41 AM »
Well, . . .

In general, there is no ambiguity in my conservatism, and political views.  But I never think that propaganda arises on only one side of any political agenda, and I would never demand those arguing an opposing viewpoint "shut up" (so long as it is the viewpoint they are arguing, and not some invective diatribe of name calling, insults and character assassination they are mindlessly spewing). The former is naive and the latter is censorship.  

I feel sure that Iraq's citizens are better off with Sadam gone, and sure that our military service men and women are serving honorably, God bless them.  I feel pretty sure that fighting terrorists, and countries that sponsor terrorism is better done on their home soil than ours and with casualties in our trained military rather than our private citizens (though either are a awful price to have to pay), and pretty sure that doing so has reduced the probability of more attacks on US soil.  But I am far from certain, no, doubtful, that the outcome of the war in Iraq will ultimately have much to do with the price of a barrel of crude oil, much less the price of gasoline I pay at the pump.

Offline RainDog

RE: Godwin's law assumes that a 'Nazi' mention is hyperbole!
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2008, 09:02:48 AM »
Heya,

Y'know, J, I've heard your rap before here and there, especially on web "alternative media" sites. Infowars, stuff like that. Prisonplanet.com.

But there's one reference that is noticeably lacking in your political posts that people with similar viewpoints almost always include. I usually see the word "Zionists" peppered around when it comes down to pointing fingers and placing blame for the ills of the New World Order. Mention of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, sometimes.

I'm not pickin' a fight, and I sure don't want to go back and forth on the forum over some perceived slight, but I'm curious. Is that a part of where you're comin' from?

Talk to ya later, have a good one!
 Parks
The only paradise is paradise lost.-Marcel Proust
You don\'t know what you\'ve got till it\'s gone.-Joni Mitchell

Offline jeep98

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »
Gentlemen: It's just some of this foreign intrigue is hard to decifer. In the early 1980's Iran was our enemy and Iraq was our friend which we supported in a war between the two. In the mid 1980's it seemed our government was buying guns from Iran with drug money which were shipped to Nicaragua to fight the Contras. In the 1990's our lil' Buddy Saddam became a bad guy so we went over and shook his shorts, sanctions and all that. In 2001 Bin Laden did his bad deed so we went after him in Afganistan. For some reason it was decided that Bin Laden was not as important as taking out our old bad friend Saddam, so we changed course. Now Bin Laden is still riding around on camels and shooting his AK47, while Saddam got his neck stretched. Now Iraq is supposed to be pacified so we will be moving stronger forces into Afganistan to pacify Al-quada. In the meantime Iran, Pakastin and Russia are trying our patience so we are giving them dirty looks and smart quips to get their attention. It is beyond my comprehension how our police force can afford, or without a Draft can police the rest of the world. Hell, even Peter Patreous says Iraq cannot be won militarly, so what is our point.   Any clarifications please keep simple so as i can follow.  jeep98

Offline TCups

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 12:56:57 PM »
Iran-Cantra was a tempest in a teapot.  It involved less than 100 million dollars of misappropriated funds send to support those fighting against the Communist supported regime in Nicaragua.  All the while the press and the Dems had their political panties in a wad over that, Charlie Wilson and the Dems were covertly sending about $400 billion of US funds via CIA operatives to finance the war of the Afgan freedom fighters against the former USSR invaders, teaching them how to fight guerilla warfare and make IMDs and such.  Have you read "Charlie Wilson's War"?  Read the book and a lot of what is going on in the Afghanastan, Pakistan, and Iraq may seem a bit clearer to you, or not.

You left out the part where Sadam/Iraq invaded Kuwait and was about to take over more than half the world's crude oil production by force.  But perhaps that wasn't such a big a deal after all.  Ever wonder why North Africa was so important to the Germans in WWII?  There is a Pulitzer Prize-Winning non-fiction book called "The Prize".  It's about oil and global economies, and such.  You might want to read that if you haven't.

Shortly after Muhammad passed away sometime in the first century AD, there was a schism in the Muslim faith over his true successor.  The Shiites and the Sunnis haven't gotten along since as best I can tell.  And there are other factions as well.  Might want to read "The Sword of the Prophet" and brush up on some of that history, too.  In that background after WWI, and again after WWII, principally the Brits in the Middle East, but all of the European powers and the Russians carved up the Middle East and Africa along lines that suited them geographically and politically, but that had nothing to do with the political and ethnic situation on the ground in the countries that got carved up.  Lets just say that the tensions in the area have been "strained" ever since.  How many times have the boarders of that part of the world been re-drawn in even our lifetime?  

And, BTW, you left out the fall of the Shah of Iran, and the Ayatollah Kommemi's and rise of Muslim fundamentalism in Iraq, and the shooting war that was raging between the two for years back in the 70's and 80's, and the chemical weapons that were used, and the Afghan opium trade, and the Talliban and Israel and Syria and Lebanon, and Hezbolah  and the Moussad and the Palestinians and Turks and the Kurds, and the Crets, and Bosnia and Herzegovina and the former Yugoslavian republics, and Somalia, and anti Soviet separatists, and Georgia and a lot of other "stuff" that has been going on complicating the political landscape of that region for longer than the USA has been a country that has affected what has and will happen in that troubled part of the world.  True, all very complicated, all in many ways fundamentally rooted in differing ethnicities and religions, principally Muslim Sunni vs. Muslim Shiite vs. Christians and territorial disputes going back hundreds of years.  True, all underscored by the emerging world demand for oil and energy, principally by China and India.  True, very difficult for most Americans to understand and fathom.

But there are web sites and plenty of books in the bookstores out there, Criminalizing Bush, and with much more coherent and easy to grasp explanations, which make it much simpler to understand.  Michael Moore made the movie, but I didn't see it.  Basically, I believe, it goes something like this:  Bush wasn't legally elected, but the election had to be rigged so he could win, then arrange to have the World Trade Centers bombed and drum up a story about WMD's to have an excuse to go to war in that region and redeem his dad's failure and control the worlds oil.  So it's all ultimately Bush's fault and the other stuff is just coincidental.

Sorry if that sounds condescending.  I suspect it probably does.  But that's about the best I can briefly summarize the two positions that seem to be "out there".  I am sure you will fill me in on what other major forces are at work here that I have I missed.  Thanks.

Offline 3n00n

Family Rothchild are oft named zionists & illuminati . . .
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 02:30:40 PM »
The original 'war brokers' with banking interests on 'both sides' of the frontline. Exactly how much validity? Hard to say, as 'secret societies' don't typically divulge their secret dogma to layman . . .
`
As for me, I'm just a founding fathersConstitution junkie, and believe inoriginal intent. Right to liberty as long as it doesn't infringe on others rights.
`
The current 'police state nanny knows best ' is absolutely repulsive to me. Why do I need 'big brother nanny ' telling me I can't wear safetyglasses in 'their 'courthouse, nor get a tattoo, or that I must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks? Who wrote these laws? Giv'em half a chance, and you can be sure they'll enforce those lawsin order to fine you,thus increasing revenuesjust so they canvote themselves a fat pay raise! If that isn't infringement, then what is?
`
An apportioned tax is of some value, but unapportioned taxes, just to paybankers interest fees is deplorable! Anybankers profiteering on both sides of the frontline should be tried for war crimes and all assets they've accrued should be redistributed among the victims of those crimes.
`
The problem is - who is going after these 'above the law' elites for the atrocities they've caused?
The Nuremberg Trials prosecutedwar puppets, but not the puppet masters that financed and profiteered on both sides of the 'war effort', raking in obscene interest rates at the expense of the 'little man' in the trenches! Thosebankers should be the ones under indictmentfor the REAL war crimes, manipulatingmasses into a'for profit' world war bloodbath!
`
When all is said and done, the sheeple continue to be controlled, fleeced, then interred. Already know that the sheeple don't care, so really, who does?

Offline 3n00n

Good thing it ain't complex!
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 03:29:59 PM »
Otherwise it couldn't be explained to the sheeple in a 30 second blurb on the talking boxas they merrily gobleetingthrough another container of suds . . .

Offline Jerrycup

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2008, 12:32:07 AM »
Brandon, your comments are interesting. Cheers to you for your service and glad to have you back.

The cost of this conflict has been enormous, but ridding the middle east of a powerful military force under control of a despot is invaluable. The Iraqi Ba'athists (and to some degree the Syrian branch) are about as close to a totalitarian regime as we see in the past 63 years, and prior to our "illegal invasion" their military had potential to dominate the entire middle east. I believe history will record the destruction of this force as a boon for peace.

What do you think remains of the Mahdi militia? Can we hope that they are completely dispersed?

Offline TCups

RE: Good thing it ain't complex!
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »
Agreed, J.  Otherwise network news would tend to be easily biased and mostly worthless.  Must admit that  "follow the money" always seems to be a fast track to get to the root of what's really going on, though.

Pass the chips, please.  What time do the football games start?

Offline jeep98

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
TCups: Thanks for filling in on points I did not make. Yeh, the Shah of Iran was the Dictator we supported before he was run off before we supported the Dictator Saddam of Iraq. If it keeps on going we are gong to run out Dictators to support. No I have not read Charlie Wilson's book nor any of Ollie North's books. I am reading Alan Friedman's 1993 published'Spider's Web' which is quite interesting.- Nicaragua (1980's) covers bad Dictator Danny Ortiga whom I believe has been re-elected as curent  bad Dictator/President. I did not get an answer to 'what is our point and how can we afford' question. Now another question, you state that some of these troubles were going on before there was an United States of America, so why can't they work out their own problems and leave us alone like George Washington recommended to the people in his Farewell Address?  jeep98

Offline RainDog

RE: Family Rothchild are oft named zionists & illuminati . . .
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »
Well, this thread has certainly been enlightening.

Now, in the unlikely event that I should ever throw a gigantic dinner party for the airgunning community, I'll have a much better idea of where to seat everyone at the table!

Some on the right side of the table, some on the left, and a few floating way up over the top.

G'day,
 Parks
The only paradise is paradise lost.-Marcel Proust
You don\'t know what you\'ve got till it\'s gone.-Joni Mitchell