Author Topic: Hatsan's GOOD/BAD or JUNK??  (Read 36968 times)

Offline GeorgeBurdell

• GTA Donations
RE: Hatsan's GOOD/BAD or JUNK??
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 09:53:23 AM »
Charlie - definitely respect your opinion, as later this afternoon I have had a chance to see some of the more detailed criticism by the more advanced gents like you who REALLY know the internals / design / engineering of the rifles. (the search capabilities in this forum are incredible)

I'm coming from the perspective of one of the gents later in this thread that mentions: "but I sure can hit those ground squirrels out at 50~100yrds."  

I'm not comfortable shooting squirrels quite at that range (want a definite kill shot), but over the last three years of visiting my fathers farm property - but I've been impressed by the Hatsan ability to consistently take out a number of those little critters within 40 yrds.

So - for $100 bucks - I've been happy with the Hatsan.  Problem is - it's falling apart now and I need to find a good reliable replacement.  Sounds like I need to invest $300 in the R34 and get something that I can give to my kids one day.

Thanks - George

Offline davee1

• http://
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 10:07:21 AM »
Ha!!! I should have said hit and kill them groundsquirrels!!! They go down right away with the .25 cal pellets. But if you are thinking along the lines of a RWS 34, why not get a 350M?. It has long range power and kill capabilities, or short range...up to you. Once you master the shooting technique, you can do wonders with it. The kills that I have done with my 350M I don'ttalk much about because most folks wouldn't believe it.Definately something to pass along down the line too.
Walther Falcon.25, Shadow.177, Shadow Express.22, Whisper.22, CFX.177/.22, B3AK.22, B3.177(x2), B4.22, B21.22, B26.22, Diana350M.177/.22, Beeman1073.177/.22, Hammerli Storm.22, Hammerli X2.177/.22, BeemanP1.177, P3.177, P17.177(x2), Diana5G(P5).177, Diana LP8, Browning800, BenjiHB22, Crosman1377, Marauder.22

Offline bcshooter

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 12:12:14 PM »

Your subject title answers that question.....Hatsans are Good,Bad and Junk...depending on the model. I have no first handuse of the product, but the analogy applies to all of our manufacturers who design and fabricate products to make a profit. Crosman,Daisy,RWS(Diana) Xisico etc, some of their productsare home run hitters and some can not get on first base. We are a population of likes and dislikes, each person has a opinion, only time in play can dictate to us if it will work well or not.

Hatsan can make a beautifull rifle .......................

AIR ARMS TX200 MkIII .22cal w/Bushnell Banner 6-18x50 AO      
BAM B 26   .177cal w/Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO/IR
BAM B 30-1 .177cal w/Leapers 4-16x50 AO/IR
CROSMAN 1377 .22cal w/UTG BugBuster 6x32 AO/IR
CROSMAN 2240 .177cal 10.1\" LW barrel w/UTG BugBuster 6x32 AO/IR
CROSMAN 2250B .22cal w/UTG Leapers 2-7x32 AO/IR
DIANA/RWS Model 34N .177cal w/Bushnell Sportsman 4-12x40 AO
DIANA/RWS Model 34P .22cal w/Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO/IR
DIANA/RWS Model 350 .22cal Feuerkraft Pro Compact w/Vortek PG-2 and Bushnell Banner 6-18x50 AO
DIANA/RWS Model 48  .177cal w/Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO/IR
DIANA/RWS Model 52   .22cal w/Leapers 4-16x50 AO/IR
DIANA/RWS Model 54  .177cal w/Leapers 4-16x50 AO/IR
DIANA/RWS Model 54   .22cal w/Leapers 4-16x50 AO/IR

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 02:59:40 AM »
I must have overlooked this thread..:) Not much to add with what Bob has already said. For the most part the Turkish springers that we have seen are purely junk. Poor designs and manufacturing techniques. I have seen recently that Hatsan is out sourcing some of their models to China. Those guns should be ok...:) Since the Turks do not touch them.. hehe The Hatsan models I have seen are probably coming out of the Bam facilities with Hatsans name on them..
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline Gene_SC

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 02:59:45 AM »
I must have overlooked this thread..:) Not much to add with what Bob has already said. For the most part the Turkish springers that we have seen are purely junk. Poor designs and manufacturing techniques. I have seen recently that Hatsan is out sourcing some of their models to China. Those guns should be ok...:) Since the Turks do not touch them.. hehe The Hatsan models I have seen are probably coming out of the Bam facilities with Hatsans name on them..
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline ezman604

• Owner/Executive Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 03:32:01 AM »

What can I say 'cept to each his own. I own two of these and they are NAIL driving in accuracy and power. Home lube/tuned both and would not sell them for any reason. Good thing, since everybody thinks they're junk.

Accuracy and power in a medium weight AG. WHAT else do you need in a hunter/plinker??? Besides an expensive name and pricetag. Anybody want to dispose of their cheap Hatsan junk, just drop me a note. I'll pay shipping to the ezman salvage yard.

Happy Shooting!!!!

Dave

Crosman/Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (semi-tuned by me)
Benjamin Trail NP XL1500 (bone stock)
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (project gun)
TF89 .22 (tuned by Gene)
Winchester 1000WS .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
QB57 (l

Offline pindog2000

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 03:53:58 AM »
talon mag/wfh it is clearly  a hunting rifle i bought mines to see what the hype is and i love it i recently got the stock camoed by mr shadow(thanks ed good job) ive shot it 30 times prior to that and i like the power ive gotten the new version that has that anti recoil whatever to help on the recoil it produces(we will see what it does later on) this is a rifle i wont shoot all the time but only to hunt so i expect it to last a while i have others too keep me occupied but it is a beast but cocking it is not a problem for me as im 5ft11 245lbs and a plumber i lift heavy objects all day long lol, like i said this aint no field target shooter thats why i got a b40 ,to each is own i wont say its the fantastic thing i own i think nothing in my current stable will beat my rws350p as in shooting and built but the talon mag with her new dress is quite up there. All i can say is do ur research on anything you get before you get it it will save u problems in the long run and do whats best for you after all its ur money :D
keep your eyes on the prize & dont let it crawl away.

Offline Gene_SC

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 06:58:05 AM »

Dave, you may have a couple of the Hatson's that were out source to China..:) I have owned quite a few chines and Spanish air rifles that cost me less than $150.00 and were blue ribbon quality compared to the Turkis made guns I have seen.

No offense Dave but after tuninga few springers it is clear as day to me...:)

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline pindog2000

Re: Hatsan's GOOD/BAD or JUNK??
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 08:04:01 AM »
hey dave what numbers are you getting with ur wfh .25
keep your eyes on the prize & dont let it crawl away.

Offline Mark 611

• http://Yahoo.com
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 09:25:06 AM »
Dave your kill'em me! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ezman604

• Owner/Executive Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
Had my PL1KS for several years. Don't think they switched to China but in the last year or so. May be wrong. Winchester I bought used. But both SAY made in Turkey. Doesn't matter, they shoot hard and straight. Excellent hunters at 15.5 - 16.5 fpe out. Me likes 'em.
Crosman/Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (semi-tuned by me)
Benjamin Trail NP XL1500 (bone stock)
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (project gun)
TF89 .22 (tuned by Gene)
Winchester 1000WS .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
QB57 (l

Offline tjk

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 12:23:33 AM »
Hold on just one dam# minute. I'm getting really tired of all the Hatsan/PowerLine/Winchester bashing going on in this forum. Dave I'm on your side on this issue. I have tuned more than a few of these Turkish made shooters for some friends and co-workers, so I think it safe to say I can make an informed judgement and opinion on them myself. For starters, these rifles aren't anymore rougher than some chamo big cat or a crapman quest chi- clone. And they are way way better than the models,...or cloned Hatsans that have been out-sourced to China. Talk about a real piece of crap. Yes they are rough, but they are built on a solid platform, rugged, and probably come the closest to their advertised velocity of any economy AR made. Spend some time, and like Mike Mellick said,...some "elbow-grease", and they can be transformed into a  very powerful and accurate rifle. The trigger group does need some work and slight modification, but once that's performed, they shoot just as smooth and predictable as any flimsy chamo/theoben trigger WITH the gold trigger. The outsourced Chinese cloned triggers  just plain suck IMHO.
There are only three issues I have with my Hatsan. The first is the synthetic stocks,...just too light, and too hollow,......but no worse than a any gamo. Second,.....parts availability. And last, that it shoots best and the most accurate with JSB Express pellets. Yeah, the pricier pellets,...but the results far out weigh the cost! If I do my part,..and shoot in my "Zen" mode,.....I can stack em inside a nickel at 20 yards off hand!!!! Not too shabby for a $100 pellet gun!!
Sorry for "going against the grain" and not conforming with the,...whatever, but I think the Hatsan  rifles have gotten a bad wrap, and to be totally honest, I'm really NOT sorry one bit for enjoying my Hatsan  made PowerLine 1000!!!!  I will  encourage anybody interested in these rifles to give them a "shot". There are alot of good sources for tuning these rifles,.. so to say they are hopeless pieces of "junk" is a fallacy of unwarrented merit. If anyone can get their hands on a Turkish Hatsan made Daisy/PL/Winchester, then I would say you have a true "Diamond in the Rough"!! Respectfully, Thomas
397 Benji-98\' model    
Marksman  0035, My Fav!,CDT T\'d
Crosman Sierra-Pro,.177
Benji 392 08\'
CDT TT\'d RWS 34 .22,CP 4-16X40 AO
MM T\'d Marksman 0035
Crosman G1 Extreme
Daisy PowerLine 1000
TF-97 .22
B-28A MM T\'d
B-28 OEM Tuned by me
Beeman .22 RX-2 w/Theoben GR
Beeman .177 R1 Santa Rosa

Offline coochie

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 02:26:16 AM »
I have a hatsen (walther talon) .22. The gun out of the box had a serious kick. Enough kick that you may want to wait a couple hundred pellets befor putting you favorite scope on it or it could eat it. I have about 1700 pellet through mine and the gun has been absolutly flawless. Everthing on my gun is still box stock except i put some oil down in the trigger mechanizm. Iv never had the gun apart and all the screws and bolt are still tight from the factory after allmost a year. The guns are extremly accurate and hard hitting. The quality on mine is excellent. I have had the same bushnell scope on it for about 1500 pellets and it's holding zero perfectly. If you like lots of power AND accuracy, you will like the hatsens. The only problem i find with the walther talon is that its a big, heavy gun and i am 5'11" and 220# and not weak. like any gun, its a lot easier to point it up in the air (like at squrils in a tree) and harder to aim horizontal because of weight. After a year of use, i have not found one single problem with my hatsen. Its an awsome, beautifull gun and has served me very well. remember, there were many changes to the hatsens around summer of 09 to address any problems reported before that and the solutions worked awsome. A lot of people put the hatsens down but i have much first hand experience shooting them so i would suggest you not beleive the bad hype. They are excellent guns. If you get one, shoot it a few hudred times and it will smooth out really nice.