Author Topic: working in my B19  (Read 2756 times)

working in my B19
« on: June 20, 2006, 12:05:20 AM »
I picked up a modified B19 last week. This one has had a lot of work done to it, with an 11" barrel and a bunch of interior mods and tuning. I mounted a BSA 3-12x40 AO scope on it and have been working on getting it sighted in at 10 yards in the basement a little bit at a time. Last night I finally got it to consistently make one-hole groups in my "dime" targets off a rest. So I stood up and tried offhand. Yikes...I shoot lousy offhand. Had to adjust the elevation a little to compensate for my hold I guess. My groups were consistent, but low of the aim point. After 20 or so shots and adjustments, the next 30 offhand shots went inside the dimes on the target. Cool! I am NOT a springer shooter, so this was pretty good for me. Can't wait to try it outdoors at some distance. Great little B19.....short and sweet. There is a photo here - http://altair-four.com/airguns/b19carbine.jpg
Jack

Offline threex4

• http://
RE: working in my B19
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:27:45 PM »
Jack
That 19 is one sweet shooter. Ed sent it to me in a deal I couldn't refuse and I just had too many guns and when I told him that I was thinking of selling it he told me to let him know.  Ed is a great guy to deal with, none better.  I let him have it back  thinking he would keep it, but medical problems made him have to sell it.  
now you have it,  enjoy it , I did for what little time I had it .
Oh here is a pic of it when I had it.  The scope I put on it was a Bushy Sportsview 4x12x40AO and it would hit 5 shots dime size and penetrate two inches of duck seal.  very powerful , very accurate gun, again, enjoy it.
Buster

RE: working in my B19
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:46:08 AM »
threex4 - That 19 is one sweet shooter. Ed sent it to me in a deal I couldn't refuse and I just had too many guns and when I told him that I was thinking of selling it he told me to let him know.

No wonder I had to take this B-19 to therapy sessions for "abandonment issues"!!! The poor thing has been bounced from George to Ed to Buster to Ed....and finally to me. It did seem a little sheepish about coming out of the box after it arrived at my house. And 6 sessions with an airgun therapist finally convinced it that it would not be abandoned so readily this time.
Seriously though, it's a sweet shooting gun. Dimes are actually what I use for practice (paper dimes). It's quiet enough for daily shooting in my townhome basement, but kicks out around 18fpe.
I know, I've read several posts on other forums saying the B-19 is "passe" since all the newer Chinese guns and the Crosman Quest have come out. Passe, schmasse.....if it hits a dime with 18fpe, what is passe about it? :)
Jack