Author Topic: MEMBERS >>>>>THIS IS A WARNING>>>>>  (Read 6920 times)

Offline JOHNNY QUEST

• http://WWW.GULFCOASTRODS.NET
Re: MEMBERS >>>>>THIS IS A WARNING>>>>>
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »
RainDog - 9/30/2008  8:01 PM

So Randall's putting me on ignore? For what, exactly?

Alright, then. Let the backstabbing begin.

It wasn't you.. or I couldn't read this post.. I for one get tired of all the political bullchit that comes thru the gate...  Take it to a political forum and leave this one to airguns....
A MEMBER OF THE \"OTHER\" DARK SIDE...... NV
 The addiction:
 BSA Lonestar .22 ATN Nightvision scope TKO break.
 BSA Scorpion .177 T-10 Tactical Bullbarrel Syn. stock.. TKO break
 Air Arms S400FAC .22 Custom Camo\'d stock.. By  Shadow..extra walnut stock...
 Air Arms TX200 .22 Walnut stock...
 B-20 .177 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 B-20 .20 ...
 B-20 .22 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 RWS 48 .20...
 rws 36 .20...
 Mountian Air custom .25 pcp pistol... TKO break
 Crosman 2400 18\" .22 pistol TKO break...
 Webley Tempest .22 pitol...
 Crosman 2240 .22 pistol...
 Gamo whisper .22 Wooden stock...
 Gamo CFX royal .22
 Fast deer .177 custom stock...
 Beeman GT600 .177...
 Benjamin Sheridan C-9 Blue Streak . 20 1968 model...
 Benjamin sheridan c-9 silver streak . 20

Offline RainDog

• http://
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 01:29:52 PM »
Oh, I'm sure. Nobody's gonna buy that. You perceived me as down, and decided to give me a little kick, didn't you?

Like I said, here's where we see what folks here are made of.

See, people remember this kind of stuff. I can disappear, but people will see who they can count on and who they can't.

Any sane person who reads this whole exchange would know I've done absolutely no wrong. All I've done is object to being spoken down to, which I would hope that anyone would do.

I have no idea for sure what CDT will do. The right thing would be to reread the thread and admit that he was extreme in his comments, and we'd let it go at that.

Or he can just ban me for standing up for myself. I've done nothing more, and nothing less.

But either way, everyone will remember the ones who attacked me for something they were not in the least involved with just to curry favor from "on high".

Man, how small. How trivial.

I'll see y'all tomorrow, or I won't. I'm not gonna fret around about this any longer. After all, guys, it's just an internet forum group. This little situation has gotten boring.

Parks
The only paradise is paradise lost.-Marcel Proust
You don\'t know what you\'ve got till it\'s gone.-Joni Mitchell

Offline JOHNNY QUEST

• http://WWW.GULFCOASTRODS.NET
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 01:35:48 PM »
Ive got a headache now... there is so much crap being spewed here that It just ain't worth it anymore...

A MEMBER OF THE \"OTHER\" DARK SIDE...... NV
 The addiction:
 BSA Lonestar .22 ATN Nightvision scope TKO break.
 BSA Scorpion .177 T-10 Tactical Bullbarrel Syn. stock.. TKO break
 Air Arms S400FAC .22 Custom Camo\'d stock.. By  Shadow..extra walnut stock...
 Air Arms TX200 .22 Walnut stock...
 B-20 .177 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 B-20 .20 ...
 B-20 .22 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 RWS 48 .20...
 rws 36 .20...
 Mountian Air custom .25 pcp pistol... TKO break
 Crosman 2400 18\" .22 pistol TKO break...
 Webley Tempest .22 pitol...
 Crosman 2240 .22 pistol...
 Gamo whisper .22 Wooden stock...
 Gamo CFX royal .22
 Fast deer .177 custom stock...
 Beeman GT600 .177...
 Benjamin Sheridan C-9 Blue Streak . 20 1968 model...
 Benjamin sheridan c-9 silver streak . 20

Offline TCups

>>THIS IS A WARNING>> I, Me, My, I, Me, My, I, Me, My
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 02:05:30 PM »

The "Warning" is about our GTA forums, general expectations of decorum and decency, and some very basic standards of on-line behavior directed at what makes this forum a good and pleasant place for ALL of us to hang out.  This thread had nothing at all to do about "I, Me, My"  Please re-read your posts, consider, and be considerate.  That's all.
Thanks.

Offline gunsup0331

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »
i heart you Parks!  And i know EXACTLY where you are coming from.
   I love this forum and the people on it.
 Having said that, many of Bobs comments have struck me as unambiguously rude, sarcastically hyberbolic, and generally condescending.  I understand and appreciate the concern regarding the content of recent posts, but i dont feel like this is a "Great Place to Be" when good members are being publicly chastised like red-headed step-children. We are (mostly) grown men here and i cant fathom someone speaking to me in person in such an unprofessional manner.  With the exception of a few wild posts in the Back Room, i have learned a lot from the recent Political, Religious, and Financial Market debates held there.
  I would implore all members to respect the wishes of the forum creators.
 I would also suggest some due decorum from those in administrative positions while "policing".
 Notice I said nothing of "Free Speech" or "The First Amendment"
This is your forum and you are free to do as you wish.
These are just observations from a concerned (and i hope lifetime) member.

Asbestos Suit: Check
 Extinguisher: Check
 Bucket of Water: Check
 Oven Mitts: check

God Help Me.

Offline WesCombs

I can't believe this petty bickering..
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 02:53:45 PM »
This is pretty ridiculous, I must say..now I didn't get to read the actual racial posts that were made that began this whole thing but what I did see was still somewhat borderline..I agree with Gene and Bob about not letting remarks like that pass by because it's narrow minded and inconsiderate. That isn't what this forum stands for..heck, aren't those the two qualities that most of you have associated the Yellow Forum with? With that being said, I do agree with RainDog as well..if the Back Room isn't an "anything goes" forum then you might want to delete the description you have for it on the gate page because that's precisely what it says right underneath the link. That doesn't mean I want to see it go to the crapper, so to speak, but that does mean that if this place really is a "family" as so many of you call it..then why do we need to censor our topics like some of you are suggesting? THAT, my friends..is also narrow minded.

Offline RainDog

My Last Post on This Subject
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 11:51:18 PM »

First off, let me say that I'm not trying to start any wars here. This is all something I found thrust upon me, and certainly would have preferred it never happened at all.

Well, this has been enlightening. Frankly, I sorta figured there'd be more than just the two weak characters that dogpiled on me when they thought I was sunk for objecting to CDT's statement directed toward me and HNT5.

Fortunately, I received more than just a few PM's and e-mails, and even a couple of posts right out in the open for everyone to see in support. There are indeed some great guys here, who are tired of being spoken to as if they were children and I want to let y'all know I appreciate your kind sentiments.

For those of you who think I'm enacting a "soap opera" or trolling... well, if standing up for yourself when talked down to and insulted completely out of the blue, and for no apparent reason is trolling somehow, then I'm guilty as charged. I don't take that kind of treatment in life and I see no reason to start doing so here.

Guess that's really all I've got to say. I'll let y'all judge for yourselves what kind of forum this is after this has all played out. Some people can't admit to their own mistakes, no great surprise there. Some are man enough to do so. We'll see.

I consider myself man enough to admit mistakes, so if I've ever offended anyone here under any circumstances I apologize sincerely and wish it to be known that I never did so deliberately or with malice.

'nuff said,
 Parks

RE: MEMBERS >>>>>THIS IS A WARNING>>>>>
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 12:23:29 AM »
i don't get it,
CDTs original request was for topics in the back room to be disscused without using racial slurs or personal attacks.
that requst had nothing to do with you Parks.
so wtf is this going on and on for?

Offline RainDog

Whoops. Wrong thread!
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 12:54:04 AM »
nt

Offline RainDog

Whoops, Wrong Thread!
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »
nt

RE: MEMBERS >>>>>THIS IS A WARNING>>>>>
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 12:58:38 AM »
pm sent

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 01:30:18 AM »
Enough said on this subject and lets just let this pass.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin