Author Topic: Out of the box  (Read 3288 times)

Out of the box
« on: November 01, 2006, 06:49:56 AM »
Hi folks,

I've got a qb78 arriving next week and I wondered if there is anything I should do to it straight out of the box (to stop it become a problem later on) or if im safe to play away for a ouple of week before I start playing with it?

Also what mounts will I need for the scope? High ones?

Cheers

Dave

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Out of the box
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:05:13 AM »
Good question Dave. Michael from Flying Dragon is the man to speak with. He tunes them also. He comes on almost every day, but his link is in the forums Mall..

Good luck

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline mikeiniowa

• http://airgunartisans.com/flyingdragon
RE: Out of the box
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 12:39:35 PM »
The first thing you will want to do is to clean the barrel, I use a pull through type for the .177's and a push rod and swab for the .22's.  The action is going to be stiff to start with but should smooth out after some use. One or two drops of oil on the bolt will help, if you look at the cut out for the bolt handle you will see cut outs in the bolt for the pins that move the cocking block and the hammer, one drop of oil in each of these will lube the block and hammer. Don't use any more oil for a long time as it won't be needed. If the rifle seems under powered shoot me an e-mail and I'll help you bump it up a bit with out doing any serious machine work just little tricks anyone can do to help it along. You will want to adjust the trigger, they sometimes come from the factory set up wrong or over time work themselves out of adjustment. I install jam nuts on the adjusting screws to keep them from moving and also put a lighter spring for the trigger in. Let us know what you think of the rifle and how it does for you. Mike

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 09:01:11 AM »
Cheers, for the tips Mike. Got the rifle tonight, brilliant fun, the trigger and power seam ok out of the box. Must replace the awful iron sights though.

Offline mikeiniowa

• http://airgunartisans.com/flyingdragon
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 12:34:49 PM »
If you need seals(o-rings and such) when you tear into the rifle let me know, I can send you some along with a trigger spring that is much better than the stock one. if you get real crazy and want to do some power mods I'll help you around the pit falls and mistakes.

Re: Out of the box
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 12:26:23 AM »
I'll think I'll leave it stock at the moment, although a moderator will be fitted shortly and a scope will go on too. But will definately get in touch when i feel the need to start tinkering :)