Author Topic: RWS 350 Feuerkraft Pro compact for noobie.  (Read 28382 times)

Offline ZELDA

RWS 350 Feuerkraft Pro compact for noobie.
« on: December 25, 2008, 11:05:12 AM »
Hi, I have had a Gamo Shadow sport for the past few years. a few weeks ago I decided I want a new airgun for hunting. So I ordered a RWS 350 Feuerkraft Pro Compact .22 a few days ago and also ordered some .22 RWS superpoint pellets for it. Any way, Ive been reading reviews and forums on it and it sounds like its a good gun. Will there be much maintenance I will need to do on it besides lube and barrel cleaning? Ive never taken apart my Gamo and it has held up great. But, now I start reading airgun forums and people are talking about tuning and replacing parts. Is this a MUST? I read on one forum somewhere that the gun Im getting should last a couple lifetimes and will "wear in, not wear out" and will only get better the more it is used. Is this true. I dont want to worry about reliability issues, I just want to be able to grab my airgun and go smoke a couple squirrels!

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: RWS 350 Feuerkraft Pro compact for noobie.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 11:37:16 AM »
If you take good care of it then it should last you forever. Shooting the correct weight pellets, no dry fireing either. Typically the RWS air rifles come dry as a bone from the factory. Do not in any cercomstances put any lub in the chamber area. This wil cause extreem detination.

A tune will increase the shooting pleasure of your RWS and if tuned properly will perform for you even better. It is not necessary to have any air gun tuned but if you read some of the posts from pre tune to tuned air rifles  you will see there is quite a difference after a  proper Tune.

Congratulations on your new baby.
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline Big_Bill

• http://
RE: RWS 350 Feuerkraft Pro compact for noobie.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 12:20:37 PM »

Welcome to the GTA Forums Christian !

You have found the BEST AirGun Forum on the Internet ! And, A GREAT PLACE TO BE !!!!!

RWS makes a very good airgun, and cleaning the goo from the barrel is recomended, however don't use a metal brush ! Many of us use a length of weed whipper line, run it down the muzzle of the barrel, attach a proper sized patch, add a drop or two of Goo-Gone, and gently pull it through the barrel. Do this two or three times, until the patch doesn't show barrel oil on it, then run dry patches through until dry, also two or three.

RWS rifles have been coming out of the factory without proper lubrication, and a GOOD Tune will make a world of difference, even in a great air rifle. The insides will be cleaned out, The burs inside your airgun will be removed, andProper lubes will be added to all the right places, your gun will shoot smooth and consistently. A Good Tune, a Turbo Tune, is highly recomended !

Let us know how you make out !

Bill

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline ZELDA

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »
OK, what do you mean tune? Just go through and check everything and clean barrel? And where exactly do I need to lube?  Thanks for the warm welcome!

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 12:57:26 PM »

Follow this link, it will describe in great detail, just what a tune is !

http://www.airguntoys.com/whytune.htm

Bill

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline ZELDA

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 01:15:30 PM »
Oh, I was hoping I can tune it myself. How long does a spring last before it starts to lose power? And how long will a seal last?

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 02:23:11 PM »
A long time Rober if you take care of it. Read my post above. Christian, you need to read more about what a good tune is all about. First you need a spring compressor. If this is the first air gun you have thoughts of tearing down and tuning it yourself then you may find that it is not as straight forward as you may think. That is an expensive rifle. Either leave it alone or send it to a pro tuner for a tune. Best thing is to shoot it some first.
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline ZELDA

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 03:50:39 PM »
Yea, Im not going to worry about tuning at all. Ive had my GAMO for over 2 years and have shot the hell out of it! It still drops birds and squirrels fine. I dont need any tuning. thanks guys. Is there anything else I should know?

Offline ZELDA

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 03:29:34 PM »
Hey guys, what would you say are the best pellets for the RWS I am getting? I will be hunting so I will need to be able to do some damage but still have accuracy and range. As I said before I will be trying .22 RWS superpoint 14.5 grain first because they are said to be accurate and they are pretty light so they will give me pretty good range. Am I correct? What are your thoughts?

Offline longislandhunter

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 03:50:56 PM »
I would stay away from the pointed pellets,,,, I've tried a lot of pellets in alot of rifles and the pointed pellets usually fly the worst.  If you're gonna use the rifle for hunting I would get some Predator pellets and see how they fly.  If they fly well then I'd leave the gun sighted in for them,,, they are outstanding hunting pellets.  

I would also try some CPL's and some CPH's.  I've had good luck with those 2 in a variety of .22 cal rifles.  

Beeman FTS are also a nice pellet,,,, good for target as well as small game hunting.  

I'm sure others will chime in and give your their suggestions.....

You could also get a sampler pack from Straightshooters.com ,,,,, usually a good investment...

Jeff
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"

Offline GoodOlRWS45

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
For mine, i like 14.3 Crosman premier hollow points, which my rifle shoots well out to 80 yards, and FTS which are about the same, but with a little more knock down.  Predators shoot well to about 60 yards.  RWS super H points out to 40 yards.  Try to keep your pellets between 14-16 grains and i think you'll be happy.  Also, check to make sure your breach seal is appropriately shimmed.  Mine came with the seal well below the surface of the breach and wasn't sealing.  if you have a problem in  that department, there are several threads which will help you to fix it.  It's nice to meet another one of my RWS 350 Magnum Feuerkraft Pro Compact breatheren.
Go git \'em!

Love my RWS 350 Magnum Feuerkraft Pro Compact!

Offline ZELDA

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 05:25:42 PM »
Alright, I should be getting my gun tomorrow and Im thinking of going to cabelas and getting some predators and some RWS super h points. Wont the predator pellet effect my range because of its 16 grain weight? The rws pellet is only 14 grain. Oh and do I need to take apart my gun to check the seal? Where is it located?

Offline ZELDA

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 05:50:47 PM »
Ah, no, I might just try the RWS super h points, RWS superpoint, and the RWS superdome pellets. The predators are just way too expensive even if they are really good. Il just try those 3 RWS pellet types and which ever ones give best results will be the only pellet that will ever go in to my gun. Cause I hate ordering stuff and I can just go to my local Cabelas and buy the RWS pellets because I know that they are sold there. Then i wont have to deal w/ ordering and waiting on shipping and all that crap.

Offline GoodOlRWS45

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 06:02:11 AM »
Your breach seal is shown in the pic below.
Go git \'em!

Love my RWS 350 Magnum Feuerkraft Pro Compact!

Offline ZELDA

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 08:11:05 AM »
Oh. Thanks, so if its loose just glue it in place or what?