Author Topic: I don't hide anything and want to bring this to light.  (Read 5552 times)

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
I don't hide anything and want to bring this to light.
« on: November 22, 2008, 04:26:38 AM »
I don’t hide anything from anybody and for the most part take things with a grain of salt. But when someone thinks that they can intimidate me with "threats" or “exposure”, that’s a different thing. I expect that Gene will pull this post if it gets hairy and I understand that and I''ll just touch on each item briefly.

Let me start by saying that I sent "Splash" Mike an e-mail last night and here is how it went. First the e-mail and his response and my thought and presention to the membership.  

-- ------------ Original message from "Bob" : --------------
Mike:

I’m e-mailing you because I do not want to create any controversy on the forum or embarrass you.

Evidently you are not able to grasp things when they are directly in front of you. As a moderator, you have a responsibility to the forum and its members to uphold and enforce the rules, regulations and policies of the GTA forum. When Jeff moved that post to the non-productive section he did the right thing as a moderator and had either Gene or myself seen it before Jeff moved it, we would have. Jeff is to be commended for what he did.

And when you responded to Gene with “ I think  you need to take a step back and remember why were here” my first thought was that you, as a moderator, you should step back and see just how lacking you are as a moderator and ask myself “How can Mike condone it”.

Here is someone that bashes a fellow member and a dealer and calls him a “crook” a person that just about everybody has total respect for, someone that also states:

“Gateway to Airgirls is runned by dishonest dealers and their puppets” and you say “what’s the problem with this”. Evidently you don’t see a problem with that but just about every body else does. I know that I have a real serious problem with it and so does Gene.

And as far as Fix referring to it as a “joke”, neither Gene nor I or the e-mails that both Gene and I have received in regards to it don’t think it’s a joke either. In fact it’s pretty disgusting.

I’ll tell you that from the e-mails that we have both received,  it seems that you have lost a lot of respect on the forum, not that it probably matters to you. I’ll also tell you that I have lost all respect for you and would rather that you no longer e-mail me or phone me with any more questions looking for advice or suggestions or help regarding anything. And as far as supporting you in the future when you get set up as I said I would do…. forget it.

And yes, your position as being a moderator on the GTA forum will probably be not much longer.

Have a good day Mike

Bob

From: brown929669@bellsouth.net [mailto:brown929669@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 12:00 AM
To: Bob
Subject: Re: GTA moderator

Thank you for proving something that I've been wondering about. Don't worry about getting any emails, or calls I would rather tune a gun, than fill it with grease as you did on a super streak. If a seal is not available for a rifle, a true tuner would make one instead of doing as you did, but I'm not going to go there. I hope you can enjoy the rest of your time, knowing you screwed several people on tunes, hopefully Gene will do the job right. I was about to resign as moderator so you have done me a huge service, thank you. Would you like me to post copies of the PM's and emails from you about Joe and Cobra Air? Yes what was said was not the right thing to say, but was it not true, I don't know, probably so. Would you like people to know that they paid for a tune and didn't get it, probably not. Have a nice day Bob, Mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for my thoughts

For someone who thinks that they can throw up a website, start a business and call themselves a tuner that has absolutely no milling or lathe machining experience and with no trained background and needs to call me asking what tools he needs buy and the lathe of choice and parts needed and has had the lathe for just a couple of weeks, no milling equipment that I’m aware of has got to be kidding himself and deceiving others.

Next point:

I have only worked on one (1) SuperStreak ever, a brand new gun (I didn't really even want to work on it) that was sent to me by someone that asked me to do the best that I could with what I found and add a GRT-III. And I did just that and I certainly didn’t just “than fill it with grease” and give it back. And to make the statement “I hope you can enjoy the rest of your time, knowing you screwed several people on tunes” is ridicules. That’s your opinion and not any others that I am aware of.  Of the thousands of guns that I have worked on over the years, I can count on my hands the people that were dissatisfied.

Next point:

Your words:  â€œWould you like me to post copies of the PM's and emails from you about Joe and Cobra Air?”

Please do.  It was you that initiated the PM's and/or e-mails. I have no idea what was said because I do not save e-mails and PM’s. If I did I would have thousands upon thousands and I don’t keep them to try to use them against others in the future. You contacted me by PM regarding the matter and as a moderator and I gave you my opinion regarding the matter want ever it was at the time. Feel free to do what ever and show yourself.

Next point:

Your words:   “Would you like people to know that they paid for a tune and didn't get it, probably not.”

You are talking right out of your head. No one has ever paid for a tune that they didn’t get….ever… and depending on the tune, quite often get more that they paid for.

I could go on and on but I don’t think it is necessary to take it any further but I do call it and tell it as it is.. Just go on and expose yourself even further. But don’t think for one minute that you can intimidate me with your accusations and innuendos. I don’t buy it and the members of our forum won’t buy it either.

Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

Offline dave2288

• http://
Re: I don't hide anything and want to bring this to light.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 06:04:47 AM »
...i don't even know what to say to this...i hope others agree with me when i say i don't like it when ppl in the forum argue...especially 2 moderators...

can't we just try to keep things great, like always?

...like always, just a 20 yr olds thoughts...and probably stupid at that...
Dave

g1 extreme(turbo tuned cdt trigger, choker muzzle break and fix hinge), powerline 1000s(lube tuned...soon to get a makeover), benjamin ss .22 tuned and shortened, patriot .25(british)

Offline JOHNNY QUEST

• http://WWW.GULFCOASTRODS.NET
RE: I don't hide anything and want to bring this to light.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 06:31:56 AM »
What the heck is all this crud..  I missed it all...  I'm sure Bob has not screwed anyone.  You don't get his rep.  screwing folks..  I know for a fact I got my old spring and seal shipped back with my newly tunned special weapon..
A MEMBER OF THE \"OTHER\" DARK SIDE...... NV
 The addiction:
 BSA Lonestar .22 ATN Nightvision scope TKO break.
 BSA Scorpion .177 T-10 Tactical Bullbarrel Syn. stock.. TKO break
 Air Arms S400FAC .22 Custom Camo\'d stock.. By  Shadow..extra walnut stock...
 Air Arms TX200 .22 Walnut stock...
 B-20 .177 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 B-20 .20 ...
 B-20 .22 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 RWS 48 .20...
 rws 36 .20...
 Mountian Air custom .25 pcp pistol... TKO break
 Crosman 2400 18\" .22 pistol TKO break...
 Webley Tempest .22 pitol...
 Crosman 2240 .22 pistol...
 Gamo whisper .22 Wooden stock...
 Gamo CFX royal .22
 Fast deer .177 custom stock...
 Beeman GT600 .177...
 Benjamin Sheridan C-9 Blue Streak . 20 1968 model...
 Benjamin sheridan c-9 silver streak . 20

Offline FlashGordon

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 07:54:01 AM »
"Splash Mike" you sound like a very bitter person to me. I'm going to put you on my prayer list buddy. I don't know what your problem with Bob and Gene is but lets pray about it instead of having all this hate talk. I don't know you cowboy and you don't know me, but lets be Christ-like about it and forgive and forget, Ok?

Offline dave2288

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 08:00:27 AM »
i really hope this is forgotten about soon...i also hope mike isn't banned...he is a good guy that just got a little upset, and lost his cool...we all do it...and i do understand what he meant about paul...paul was asking a question, and i think he was just commenting on gene's tone in his response...but i do very much so agree that it should have been a pm from mike to gene.  guys, we all have problems and, i bet just about everyone sees this place as the place they go to get away from all the problems...lets keep it problem free...PLEASE???  can we keep arguments private, or if possible, non-existent?
Dave

g1 extreme(turbo tuned cdt trigger, choker muzzle break and fix hinge), powerline 1000s(lube tuned...soon to get a makeover), benjamin ss .22 tuned and shortened, patriot .25(british)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 08:25:48 AM »
If you read the entire post Dave you will see that I asked Mike for a PM or Email. He then proceeded to continue posting.
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline dave2288

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 08:39:36 AM »
i know, gene...and he should have respected your request...but everyone makes mistakes...right?
Dave

Offline Izzie45895

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 11:32:38 AM »
All I know is that if a 'regular' member made a post like this, they would be rebuked, and pretty much told to take a hike! Way to go, Bob. Use the forum to puke on someone just because you HAVE THE POWER! Good job! Watever.

Offline Phil_B

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 11:46:50 AM »
I feel the same way Izzie
850 .22 HPA
Marauder .22 w/Leapers 6-24X50
Gamo Viper .177 w/ CenterPoint 4-16x40
Diana 26 .177 w/3-9x40
Diana 36 .177 w/RWS 3-9x40
Diana 46 .177 w/ NCstar mark III 10-40x50
Diana 48 .22  w/ CenterPoint 4-16x40
Diana 350 mag .22 w/Leapers 6-24X50
Diana 350 Feuerkraft Pro Compact .177 w/Leapers6-24X50

Offline RedFeather

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 01:01:26 PM »
Jeez, Louise!  I've had a couple of beers, so I figure I could blather on and on and maybe have an excuse.  

A)  Moderators - Keep it in the family to the extent possible.  It's like having passengers fighting in the car while you're on a long trip.

B)  Others, if it isn't your argument, why make it?  Taking sides and hopping in so mad you skip the spell checker is non-productive.

Thanksgiving is upon us.  Be glad you have a decent forum like this to share.  Just remember, when siblings fight, you don't put one of them out of the house.

I'll duck and cover now.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 01:32:08 PM »
For those of you who dislike what Bob has said then try walking in another man's shoes and see if you can come out smelling like a rose. No matter what the outcome is Bob and I will still be here. The bulk of our membership Bob and myself have worked very hard to make this a decent family oriented air gun forum. Bob and myself try to stay out of these things but when people use intimidation, accusations, innuendo, personal attacks on individual air gunners dealers and tuners or a man's character we can also have the right to initiate the GTA Policies.

I am about fed up with a few of you that come here with your gas and matches to make a small fire into a big fire. As far as Paul goes, I would bet that he had allot to do with tweaking Mikes head. I would prefer that Paul stay in his own forum and take care of his own business and stay out of the GTA's business. Paul and any other member who likes to start fires just stay away from the GTA. Most all of us have had enough. And if I have to start banning people then so be it. A few bad apples really spoil the bushel.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin