Author Topic: need holiday advice please....  (Read 11501 times)

Re: need holiday advice please....
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 12:24:17 PM »
haha. thanks... well I've settled on a hunter elite for starters...... gamo themselves did tell me that the only real upgrade is the bullbarrel, but I do like the looks of it.

anyhow, now just trying to get one before the holiday.... I could kick myself for having left this to the last minute like this, but i honestly never thought I'd get so into it....  so, trying to see if my shop can get one in for me, if not I'm going to try to see if he'll be agreeable to receiving shipment of one on my behalf.... and if THAT doesn't work... well, I've got my eye on a nice puma knife for the ol man that will just have to do instead and we can talk about the air rifle thing again....

wish me luck, and thanks alot!

peter, if I do get this, and you can service/upgrade the trigger on a hunter elite for me, and you can ship it to me in nj... I just might be contacting you around mid-jan... thanks again!

RE: need holiday advice please....
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 12:31:09 PM »
Hey derek, thanks for the advice... at this point, I'm so late to the party that I might have to be happy with my initial choice... I've settled on a hunter elite and now driving my gun guys nuts trying to find one for me to put under the tree.... being a lady and all, I can't prove the old sayings right and keep changing my mind every 5 minutes : )

anyhow, I do hope to get one, and if I do, I'm not sure where this whole air rifle thing is going to go for us.... might be a neat addition to our toy collection, might be a new found passion.... it sure is tempting though as it looks like a lot of fun for a fraction of the cost of highpower, etc. ammo is just insane these days.

And its pretty cool too, these seem to have some decent knock down power and are tuneable like our other toys, so we can spend hours at the range, tuning and blasting holes in little things like cans, etc, (and still have some change in our pockets).

If this does become a new found hobby (adding to the list!!!) I'm sure we won't stop at just one... thanks again !

Offline vinceb

• http://
These vendors have shipped airguns to me....
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 12:37:53 PM »
...in NJ:

airgunexpress.com
southsummit.com
natchezss.com

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 12:45:45 PM »
I had some change in my pocket when I started airgunning, spent on airgun goodies he he. That's ok it's a blast so have some fun . :D Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

RE: These vendors have shipped airguns to me....
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 12:46:09 PM »
VINCE YOU RULE! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Different than regular firearms in NJ
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 12:57:46 PM »
I think the real issue is having the FAID card so that you legally can purchase in NJ.  The last one I got at the sports store I filled out a "certificate of elligebillity", which basically was for my personal info, ID card # and several questions (that someone would have to be a complete moron to answer the wrong way) I got a copy of that form and the store retained a copy...nothing is sent to the state for registration like a regular firearm, so even though they are sort of classified as a "firearm" they aren't really handled the same within the system.

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 01:04:54 PM »
I had gotten one from Airgun express about 2 years ago, but since then Pyramid Air has joined with them.  Do they still ship to NJ or does Pyramid control that now (wont allow shipping to NJ)?
Also, did you make the purchase online, or do you have to call directly?

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »
Excellent choice.  Thats a beautiful gun!

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 01:24:35 PM »
hey derek... if you could put any optics & mount on a cfx royal, what would you put on?  I've got leupold on my highpower, but not going crazy for an AR.... is the BSA 3-12x40 any good?

RE: Different than regular firearms in NJ
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 01:26:46 PM »
Mark, thanks, yep FID card is no prob by me.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 01:50:05 PM »
Buck

Look at the Hunter 440, It is the exact same rifle as the Shadow. It has the Beach Wood Stock which is n my opion a very nice stock. Send it off to CDT and get a Turbo Tune with GRT-III trigger and you will be set for anything you want to do.

I have 12 Gamo's and love all of them. But prefer the Shadow 1000 Synthetic .20 and my CFX Synthetic .177..  Great shooters and I would of had to pay over $500.00 for one that may not even come close to there quality after CDT did the Tune and Trigger.

Good Luck on your decision

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline vinceb

• http://
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 11:46:28 PM »
I got an air rifle from airgunexpress.com early this past summer.

Natchez told me over the phone that they wouldn't ship to NJ, but when I put in an order online (late Sep or early Oct) it went through no problem and was delivered to my house. In addition, I've gotten returned "warranty claim" rifles shipped back to me directly from Gamo as recently as yesterday.

I've shipped a gun out, oh, probably about 4-5 times via UPS and USPS in NJ.

Just the initial purchase that's the problem
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 05:12:58 AM »
Its the initial purchase that is the snafu.  Ive sent air rifles back for warranty replacement also (Gamo and Crosman) and had gotten new rifles in return no problems.  As long as you send them one, they aren't selling you one directly and that seems to be the difference.  Like I had said, the state of NJ doesn't have a registration per se, for air rifles ( air pistols are different) just a form/questionaire (certificate of elligibility)that is filled out each time you purchase one...nothing is sent to the state, it's just kept in the store for records. The guy I deal with at my local sports store told me that they wont even send copies of their FA license to anyone....so that pretty sinks any chance of me ordering from companies on the net that will send to a local store so long as they have a copy of the dealers license on file.  Of course that also mean that I pay a premium price for air rifles, case in point Gamo Delta $80.00 Gamo Recon $100.00, check the prices on the net (w free shipping no less) and you'll see why I'm just a little disgruntled.  Even though I am a holder of a valid FAID in NJ which allows me to purchase and possess long guns, I can't get most companies to send me a BB or pellet rifle....I don't get it.  These guys in other states just don't know how good they got it

RE: Just the initial purchase that's the problem
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 05:35:09 AM »
ooooh... I get it.... shucks, thats was I was hoping to do... if my guy couldn't get one for me, I was going to ask if he could receive one for me.......... hmmm, this might be harder than I thought....

thanks so much for the heads up.

RE: Just the initial purchase that's the problem
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 05:53:13 AM »
Hopefully the gun guy you purchase from would be willing to send a copy of the FA dealer license to these places on the net....Cabelas, Pyramid Air, etc.  If so, then you'll be fine, they will send air rifles to NJ dealers with no problem if they have a copy of the FA dealer license for their records.  My gun guy won't do it.  I was hoping that since I've purchase uh, lets see, 7 air rifles from him in the last 2 1/2 years he'd be willing to help me out with that....store policy he say's, can't send it.  Tough living in the bottom end of the state :0