Author Topic: Custom stock for shadow series GAMO'S ?  (Read 4148 times)

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
Custom stock for shadow series GAMO'S ?
« on: December 11, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »
Is there anyone that makes custom wood stocks for the shadow series Gamo's. I got a shadow sport and looking at something with a thumb hole. Some of the members have some fantastic looking stocks and I would take WOOD over senthetic anyday. I dont think I'll ever be done upgrading my gun , It's to much fun. Any info would be great'thanks Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Re: Custom stock for shadow series GAMO'S ?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 11:42:37 AM »
Never heard of anyone, it would cost twice what the rifle did to have one made.

Offline shadow

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »
You mean kinda like putting nice rims on a AMC rambler. I do like those woody's, dare to be different. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for the reply Peterdragin. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 01:16:57 PM »
Don't feel bad Shadow, I had come to that same realization as well. :0

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »
LOL Mark....... my same thoughts.. But I think you can still buy a Hunter 440 stock from Gamo and possibly mod it a bit. I got one a while back and it was like under $40.00.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 02:05:10 PM »
I hear ya Gene!  Right now I'm waiting for a Realtree camo stock from Gamo.  Though I'm trying to decide if I'm going to put it on my Shadow .177 or my Shadow .22....decisions, decisions.  After I get it, I wanted to take the leftover synthetic Shadow stock and color it...maybe a desert sand pattern.  Only problem is that I'm not sure what to use and don't want to paint it with something thats going to rub off easily.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 02:51:05 PM »
Marc

I think that Cheaper Than Dirt has the camo colors you are looking for and am pretty sure they work on synthetic stocks. Check it out.

I want to get one of those Real Tree Camo Socks also for my Shadow .20 . Are the under $40.00 like the hunter 440 stocks?

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Realtree stock price
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 04:20:18 PM »
Yes, $ 29.95, you have to call them directly though, it's not listed on the Gamo site anylonger.  Best of luck with c/s, hopefully you won't have the same problems I did.
Thanks Gene, I'll check out the CTD site for the camo paint

Offline shadow

RE: camo design
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 11:31:20 PM »
Camo, I do camo design art on the side. krylon's got a plasti coat that works good. ABOUT $ 4.00 a can. Cheap as dirt has matte non reflective paint in black, tan, brown green and foliage $4.97 a can. I did the B3 in my album pics,  it's kinda faded after a couple of years but still does the job.It's a webbing material that I painted my design on and covers the rifle. On rifle stocks and barrels I draw out a stencil design on heavy paper, not cardboard , it loads up and bleeds everywhere. I draw out 3-5 different patterns starting with the background and moving forward. Each pattern is different, kinda like doing a painting doing the distant object first. Cut out stencil with razor knife  and go to it. You can very the distance of the stencil from the project to get a haze effect or point blank for sharper image . I wait 15 min. between coats and sal the job with a flat clear coat to retard scratches let dry for 24 hrs. Have fun and be creative. Ed

Best paint?
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 05:23:59 AM »
Thanks for the info ed....you've now given me some direction to go in.  I was first looking at the truck bed liner "paint" but to get some in the color that I want, tan or sand color it would cost me over $100 a gallon, and that doesn't include a paint sprayer!  Thats too much for a plastic stock that you can get for about $30.00.  Would you suggest the Krylon or the other paint  from CTD for a plastic Shadow stock?  I don't want something that's going to rub off after a few uses.
thanks again.

Offline shadow

RE: CTD would be my choice
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 10:57:26 AM »
KRYLON is a good paint but sometimes hard to find  in the flat colors for camo. Get a good primer coat on it first, some primers you dont have to sand and that base gives the paint something to hang on to. Also if theres a poly coat on the stock , sand it to a dull finish. Applying several coats of flat clear on the finished stock to resist the elements and abuse. I always let mine dry for three days, hang it off a wire at room temp. Glad I could help. Ed