Author Topic: qb 78 shot inconsistincies  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Sky.A

• http://
qb 78 shot inconsistincies
« on: June 18, 2006, 11:43:20 AM »
my 78 shoots at full power on some shots and mouse farts on others  like 3 or for good shots then several week ones and so forth  anyone got a cure? :o
Kauai Boy

Re: qb 78 shot inconsistincies
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 11:55:26 AM »
Maybe you've got a hang up in the hammer tube? There might be something obstructing the hammers path on its way to the valve stem. Also, maybe there is some debris in the valve port, or something(debris) interfering with the valve movement itself.

HTH!

DB

RE: qb 78 shot inconsistincies
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 12:42:39 PM »
Also be sure to let the gun warm up a few seconds after each shot so your pressure maintained. Co2 guns are temperature sensitive and firing shots one after the other without allowing the gun's temperature to stabilize can cause fluctuations in velocity.

Russ S.

RE: qb 78 shot inconsistincies
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 12:44:38 PM »
A tear down is what will tell you the problem, I've had the same thing happen, turned out a pellet fell into the gas tube and was catching the hammer some times and not others.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
NO QB inconsistancy here yet.......
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 02:11:09 PM »
The QB78 .22 that I have stacks pellets on top of each other consistantly.. Sure hope I don't run into any major problems with mine.
I sure love shooting my QB. CharlieDaTuna did a nice tune on it last month and it is very enjoyable shooter.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin