Author Topic: Your opinions on the RWS Model 46 .22 caliber  (Read 11583 times)

Re: Your opinions on the RWS Model 46 .22 caliber
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »
I have a .22 RWS 46 E also. The E version just has the plainer stock, as in the difference between the 48 and 52. There is no checkering or cheek rest.  The action is  still the same in all the 46 models and the performance is similar. The 46 is a very accurate 12 ft/lb gun. I've also heard that the "E" stands for economy.

Offline fnash

• http://
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 03:41:53 PM »
Ok thanks for that info. I couldn't remember when I bought it what the difference was.. Yes it is a very accurate and powerful enough rifle. I do like it and enjoy shooting it and it is fancy enough for me.  Does not look much different than the picture above. It is very solid.... I like shooting more than I do looking.... Frank
FN

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 11:53:06 PM »
I agree with you Frank.  The thing that drew me to the 46 was the different and very cool pop up loading port, even if it is something of a power robber. Much easier to load than any other fixed barrel springers, and as fast as a break barrel. Supposedly the 46 was Diana's answer to the TX. I also hunt with mine, that's why I got the .22, and find that it's as good as my Sheridan as far as power goes.

Offline fnash

• http://
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 03:09:47 AM »
Oh yes, the pop up loading port is very nice. I still forget and leave the cocking arm down instead of putting it back in place,, then load it.. I did not know it was made to compete with the TX  
I hear so much about. I seen mentioned on the forum that the TX is front heavy which I don't find with the 46...   Just know it is a very nice solid rifle....Frank
FN