Author Topic: NTAGM airfares to DFW, extra charge for travel with gun cases  (Read 730 times)

Offline TCups

• http://
I have decided to avoid the hassle and expense of carrying an oversize air gun case with me when I fly to DFW for the NTAGM shoot.  It could potentially cost $150, each way, for a large, two-gun case, by the way.

I checked with the Holiday Inn Express, where I will be staying, and they say it will be no problem to send the gun case by UPS-Ground directly to the motel. The manager on duty said no problem with air rifles in a case, took my name and assured me the package will be locked away and stored safely for my arrival.  She indicated I should include "Guest Name" in the shipping address.  I plan to purchase a return shipping label in advance, re-box the gun case, and ship it home by UPS when I check out.  This was also OK with the nice folks at the Holiday Inn Express.  So shipping via UPS-ground, insured, several days in advance seems to me to be the way to go.

Something to think about, particularly if you are on a relatively tight schedule and don't like futzing around with airport security or the extra charges.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.