Author Topic: Statistics...... Funny  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Statistics...... Funny
« on: May 12, 2009, 10:58:47 PM »
Doctors vs. Gun owners
Doctors:

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are
(C) Accidental deaths per physicianis
Statistics courtesy ofU.S. Dept of HealthandHuman Services.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now think about this:

Gun Owners:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is
(Yes, that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups,is
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owneris

Statistics courtesy ofFBI
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So,statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
FACT:
NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUTALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Pleasealert your friendstothis alarming threat.

We must ban doctorsbefore this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics onLawyers
for fear the shock would causepeople to panic and seek medical attention!
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline North Pack

• http://
Re: Statistics...... Funny
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:56:16 PM »
Lotta truth to that, ...

Offline airiscool

RE: Statistics...... Funny
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 12:46:19 AM »
Very funny ... but  scary too !

Paul.
Benji Trail NPXL 1100, Gamo .22 Whisper, Crosman 760 Pumpmaster, Crosman 66 Powermaster, Crosman .22 revolver, Daisy model 102, Daisy early Model 25.

Offline geewhiz380

Re: Statistics...... Funny
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 01:56:03 AM »
sad but true,gene this is a wake up call for sure ..

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 02:25:55 AM »

GREAT POST Gene !!!!!

I read the same thing 6 or 7 years ago, about how DANGEROUS DOCTORS CAN BE !!!!

I presented this to my Doctor, in print, and told him how LUCKY HE WAS, TO HAVE ME AS A FRIEND 8)

He didn't think that was very funny !

But as I read YOUR statistics, I find that the death rate per doctor has gone UP, While the death rate per gun owner has gone DOWN !

This shows us that even though all Doctors must attend classes, and ALL Doctors are Registered, and ALL Doctors are Licensed, it has not helped reduce the Death rate at ALL, In fact, the Death Rate per Doctor has gone UP !!!!

It's time fellow members to BAN doctors, before we all are affected by this Epidemic of Death !

Lawyers to follow shortly !!!!!

Bill

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline TCups

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 03:49:24 AM »
The death rate per doctor goes up because the number of practicing doctors is going down and the number of really sick and aging patients every doctor sees is continually going up.

Suppose you were Dr. Wm. Tell, a brain surgeon whose specialty was removing apples from patient's heads with a target rifle at 30 yards.  You are among the best in the country and do 500 of these procedures per year, because patients who truly need the procedure trust you and come to you for the service.  Some have smaller apples than others.  Some can't hold still and tend to move during the procedure.  And you aren't always able to pick and choose who gets treated and who doesn't.  How often might you have an unexpected "accidental death", no matter how careful you were and no matter how good a shot?

I take Gene's post in the context it was made, light hearted sarcasm, the point being that when properly handled, guns are as safe or safer than, say, high-risk medical care, or lawnmowers, or slippery slanted surfaces around the home or shop.  But physicians are neither god-like nor perfect in performing procedures.  In the days when I did a lot of lung and liver biopsies, I would tell the patients the potential complications are A, B, C . . . "and rarely, death."  Think of it this way.  Suppose every time someone got in the car with you, you had to go over every potential complication or possibility of injury or death.  No matter how many times you have been down the road, no matter how safely you drive or how carefully you obey all traffic laws, you know as we all do, that sometimes "blank" happens.  We don't usually think about it in these terms, but anytime you get into a car, there is a statistical chance you will be accidentally killed. Think about the relative safety of someone riding in the car with you and then think about what the statistic for accidental gun death vs accidental motor vehicle death would look like.

Doctors, like motorists, have somewhere to go, and almost always a good reason to go there with the procedure they perform, and usually take all reasonable precautions.  But there aren't any guarantees of an accident-free environment, in medicine, on the highway, or anywhere in any aspect of your life.  

Be careful out there.  Shoot safely.  Follow the rules.  Thank the Lord for watching over you and those you love, ever day of your life.

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
The way I see it.....
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 05:27:52 AM »
....I want my doctor to be a gun owner, that way my chances of dying by a medical accident are about as good as getting shot:)   Too many great docs out there to give up on living or shooting, I'll take my chances.
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008

Offline PeakChick

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 05:38:34 AM »
I'm a property damage claims adjuster for an insurance company, surely just one step above pond scum liability attorneys in the public perception, maybe not..........so, I don't feel that I'm qualified to comment on the veracity of these statistics. I sure did giggle though.... :)

Tommy, I certainly trust my health care provider and am comfortable with knowing she is a responsible professional. I  do feel for any physician in our all too litigious society these days. I often wonder how most doctors can soldier on under the weight of potential liability claims, mostly unjustified.
The current stable, (arsenal, quiver?): BSA Lightning XL .177, BSA Sportsman HV .22, BSA Ultra .177, CZ634 .177, Daystate Harrier X .177, TAU 200 Senior .177, HW 97 .177, HW 50s .177, HW 30 .177, RWS 92 .177, Gamo 126 MC Super, Gamo Big Cat .177, AR2078A, QB78 .177, Quest 1000 .177, Beeman SS650 .177., Beeman P17 .177.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

Offline JOHNNY QUEST

• http://WWW.GULFCOASTRODS.NET
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 06:52:47 AM »
 I firmly believe it was a joke... Tcups no need to defend yourself, you can be my doc any day... I will need hormone shots tho before I scedule an appointment...
A MEMBER OF THE \"OTHER\" DARK SIDE...... NV
 The addiction:
 BSA Lonestar .22 ATN Nightvision scope TKO break.
 BSA Scorpion .177 T-10 Tactical Bullbarrel Syn. stock.. TKO break
 Air Arms S400FAC .22 Custom Camo\'d stock.. By  Shadow..extra walnut stock...
 Air Arms TX200 .22 Walnut stock...
 B-20 .177 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 B-20 .20 ...
 B-20 .22 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 RWS 48 .20...
 rws 36 .20...
 Mountian Air custom .25 pcp pistol... TKO break
 Crosman 2400 18\" .22 pistol TKO break...
 Webley Tempest .22 pitol...
 Crosman 2240 .22 pistol...
 Gamo whisper .22 Wooden stock...
 Gamo CFX royal .22
 Fast deer .177 custom stock...
 Beeman GT600 .177...
 Benjamin Sheridan C-9 Blue Streak . 20 1968 model...
 Benjamin sheridan c-9 silver streak . 20