Author Topic: Spring compressor made by Rich from Mich.  (Read 3142 times)

Spring compressor made by Rich from Mich.
« on: February 04, 2007, 01:28:43 AM »
I wasn't sure which topic to post this under, so I figured this one was closest.
By now, I've had a chance to use the spring compressor alot and put it through it's paces.  This compressor is made by our own Rich from Mich. and, like the rest of his products, it works great!  It's lightweight, but very strong and the adjustablility of it makes it very versatile for a full range of air rifles. I had made my own about a month before he had offered this for sale and really wished that I had waited.   When I made my own, I probably spent about half as much just in material.   My finished product worked alright, however I found that it wasn't so adjustable, especially for guns with attached scope rails. Not only that but there was a little too much compression tube "wiggle" in it which didn't make me feel very confident in removing/re-installing springs under high tension.  With Rich's compressor there wasn't any "wiggle" when installing springs and that made it MUCH more safe than my DIY one as well. I guess the bottom line is, if you need a compressor and have to purchase any material to build it yourself you should just get one from Rich.  He has taken all of the guesswork out of it and for the price you can't get anything even close to this quality.