Author Topic: I need the help from "a few good men"  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Sniperdad69

• http://
I need the help from "a few good men"
« on: September 05, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »
Well good women too, LOL

If you had the chance to thank an American Hero for his years of selflessness that he didn't sleep, and was being shot at day and night, simply for keeping the freedom that all Americans take for granted, but that same freedom that most of us don't deserve, Would you do it?

I need at least 50 of my good airgun friends to take a stand with me and thank an Americam Veteran for literally putting his life on the line for ours.

If you are interested in finding out more, please drop me a line, or post a yes under this.
My email is: davidlloydlee@hotmail.com

You can also thank as many Veterans as you can, but I have a request for one in particular.

He is a proud, honest, polite and trustworthy member of our airgunning community. He lost his job 9 months ago, he has a son with special needs, and his mom is facing double amputation.

If ever there was someone worthy of our prayers, and financial support, this is that person.

PLEASE don't simply say, that's a shame, I wish I could help, and then do nothing. This is your time to actually make a difference in the lives of people who actually deserve a helping hand (x100)

Cheers, David.

Offline triry

Re: I need the help from "a few good men"
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 05:00:02 PM »
dave,....pm me with what i can do.

Offline Sniperdad69

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 03:45:52 AM »
Thanks.
only 49 more needed, LOL.
Cheers, David.

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 04:21:59 AM »

Hello David,

I served, and am a Veteran. It might be better if you would post all of the details of you plan here, it would allow our members to see what your intentions are, and what is involved. I would not to contact someone not knowing what I am getting into ! :emoticon:

Due to the circumstances of Vietnam, the public disapproval, the VFW and other Veteran Organizations not wanting Vietnam Vets in their Organization due to it being a "Police Action" and not a real war, I seldom admit to being a Vet due to the bad feelings I harbor concerning our friends, neighbors, and Government. It wasn't a very good time !

Let us all know what your idea/ plain is, and I am sure that those that can help will chime in !

Bill

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline geewhiz380

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 06:16:02 AM »
due to what bill said yes its best so we could know what we r facing so no one could get the wrong impression of some negativity is about to unfold just for our sake individully cause we r being watched and spoken about so lets be open in this topic cause i would help if its gonna be in a positive way cause i also have experince in the military marines 1985 to 1989 19years old to 23 ys. old and three brothers also three marines and one airforce in my house hold.sempter fi = (always faithful )for those that have the slightest idea im 43 with 6 children and im for good men .

Offline daveshoot

RE: I need the help from "a few good men"
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 08:31:14 AM »

Drop me a note, Dave. We have emailed before.

Dave also did a nice a Tyrolean B26-2 conversion way back when, IIRC. I saw your post got locked on the Yellow and I hope you got it up on the Off Topic forum there.

Steroid Sheridan rocker, Daisy 990, SS1000, B26-2, QB-57, Crosman 150 (TW), Crosman 1377 x 2,  RWS5G, MP513, IZH53, RWS9N/Cometa, MP661k Drozd, Walther Falcon Hunter, RWS 34 Panther, XS-B3-1, Cummins B3s, RWS94 Cometa x 2, RWS48, Beeman R7, Daisy Avanti 853, RWS92 Cometa 220, Beeman P3, IZH-46M x 2, Daisy Avanti 747, Diana 24, B5-10, BSA Lightning .22, Crosman Marauder #39 .22, Crosman 1322 Phase 1, Diana Model 20, HW70, Shin Sung Dragon Slayer .50, Haenel Model 26, Slavia 620, HW45/.177

Offline Sniperdad69

Thanks Guys, more info:
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 04:01:42 PM »
As I did say, Stan Has served us all well and is a honorable airgunner.
As with the rest of us, he has had hard times this year.

It was pressing on my heart to find a way to help Stan in appreciation for his time serving us.
I feel strongly that we all need to help each other and not wait for a bailout from the government.
The military is so under appreciated and hardly thought of by the rest of us.

Almost three years ago, I was facing Forclosure, lost my business, Back surgery, and no hope left. I was defirnitely down and had almost no drive left in me to get out of it. Then one day cards of encouragement started arriving through the mail, most of them had a small gift inside, then more cards arrived, and some Christmas presents for my 2 and 4 year old girls. One of the Forum members had taken it apon himself to start a "Love Offering" on my behalf. The cards, gifts, prayers, and simply knowing that so many of my airgun friends were behind me, gave me the help I needed to get out of that hole, pick up my spirrets, and get back to providing for my fammily. The enthusiasum that everyone was putting into helping me was so intence that I will never forget it. It did literally change my life.
I am still broke, and behind on my mortgage, but I don't let it kill me anymore. I have given it to God, and let him do the worrying for me.
I find myself helping people all the time now, and it is amazing how many times that work has found me when I absolutely needed it the most. I am about as happy as I have ever been, I work a lot less, spend a lot more time with the family and I am loving life again.

Now it is my turn to help out someone who is down and needs a "pick me up"

I got several emails, some  saying that they are so hard up that they don't even have food some days, but offering to help out in some way. others saying that they are in a position to help in a small way financially.

My drive from the military aspect is simply that I feel out Military put their lives on the line for us every day and night, with almost no respect from the rest of us. If we all rally behind one veteran and give him the respect he deserves, but never asked for, how much better will we be able to start respecting all the brave men and women in our armed forces.

If you are not able to help financially, but wuld like to help out, then please send Stan or any other Hero a card of apreciation, and pray for our men and women in uniform that are in the line of fire for us.

I am not putting Stan's personal information on the forum, but PM me for shipping address.

Thank you all, and God bless you.

Cheers, David.

Offline geewhiz380

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 06:06:37 AM »
david im for that anytime im even willing to die for GOD,my family,my country and for my fellow american,i m poor and just start workin and im back up on some bills but i still bought my son some clothes and gave his other great clothes to a lady that send them to children who need it my only 150.00 this july i gave to a jewish group of people that eat food from garbages so i donated my only 150.00 and i give 20.00 a month to my christan church ,i also give to those on corners no matter there color food from restarunts and stores near by even a dollor to have water after a hot day .the children that play basket ball in the heat i buy them all gatorade .i live in a project in the bronx with poor people and drug users and i dont blame them at least not all but at least 70 percent had a choice and choose drugs cause of the pain they endure its rough where i live and i help people out here everytime i can and thats who i am ,a giver a happy poor person  surviving on my wifes ssd and my job i started last week ,i served this country and i have excellent credit and i still cant get a house and in the past i had all the credentials but the banker looked at me up and down and said no ,i know what it is to go through hard times and decent times but always i count on GOD MY NUMBER ONE .so if u need anything pm me and if i can i will if i cant ill try so come on and pm me no task would be to much for me especially when i have GOD....read revelation on how john saw the future in his dreams.i dont care what your race is or color im here to help with what ever i can .just remember let GOD AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST walk with u cause u r in good hands .we will face harder times but dont give in ,i to will pray for those in need which will be all of us in some way ....from a brother jorge lopez......davd pm me with any more u want to say im open to what u have to say .....

Offline Sniperdad69

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 04:31:11 PM »
Thanks, George.
Keep Stan and his family in your prayers.
I have had several good gifts sent to him from people from 4 different airgun forums.

I will keep him in my prayers and send him what I can over the next few months.
Only send what you can, if nothing else, a Thank you card would be great.

George, I would like to thank you too for your service to this great nation.
We don't seem to understand the extent to your sacrifice for the rest of us.

Thank you, and Cheers, David.

Offline daveshoot

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »
Sniperdad, been trying to get in touch. Check your PM or email me (handle is linked to the email) and get it going on.
Steroid Sheridan rocker, Daisy 990, SS1000, B26-2, QB-57, Crosman 150 (TW), Crosman 1377 x 2,  RWS5G, MP513, IZH53, RWS9N/Cometa, MP661k Drozd, Walther Falcon Hunter, RWS 34 Panther, XS-B3-1, Cummins B3s, RWS94 Cometa x 2, RWS48, Beeman R7, Daisy Avanti 853, RWS92 Cometa 220, Beeman P3, IZH-46M x 2, Daisy Avanti 747, Diana 24, B5-10, BSA Lightning .22, Crosman Marauder #39 .22, Crosman 1322 Phase 1, Diana Model 20, HW70, Shin Sung Dragon Slayer .50, Haenel Model 26, Slavia 620, HW45/.177

Offline Sniperdad69

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 04:05:47 PM »
I've been out of town for three  days, helping a friend move.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support for Stan.
His spirit has been lifted, but he still needs our help and prayers.
Cheers, David.