Author Topic: .177 tuned Quest with extras  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Loki_762

• GTA Donations
    • http://
.177 tuned Quest with extras
« on: October 25, 2009, 12:05:35 PM »
A few months back I purchased a Quest that was on sale to see if I could do my own springer tune, prior to buying a more expensive springer.  So, I bought the Quest, tore it down, lubed it up, and put it back together.  Results were better than expected.  I am selling it to fund the more expensive springer, an RWS Pro Compact.  (Actually, I already bought it - just paying it off...)  Anyhow, here is what I did and what comes with the gun:
-Filed off all of the rough edges on the piston and in the compression tube then polished the edges
-Cleaned off the mainspring and put on new tar from RFM
-Lubed the piston with moly from RFM
-Lubed the guides with green lube from RFM
-Put in a RFM trigger insert which GREATLY improved the trigger
-Lubed the contact points in the trigger with moly
-Took off the front sight and replaced it with a ported aluminum muzzle brake
-Polished the barrel with JB Bore Paste and a cotton patch - no brush used
Before the tune, the gun was your standard Quest - gritty cocking stroke,lots of spring twang, and an atrocious trigger.  Post tune the cocking stroke is silky smooth, the twang has been replaced with a solid thunk, and the trigger breaks smooth and clean.  The gun has less than 300 pellets through it.  It shoots in the upper 800's with Crosman hollowpoints, and in the lower 900's with Meisterklugens.  The only problem with this gun is two small dings in the stock from when I leaned it up against my tent trailer in the garage, and it slid down the side.  Other than that, it is brand new.  If I hadn't been so bent on getting the RWS, I would probably just keep this one.  But as it is, money is tight, and I need to sell this one to pay off the other.  So, with the tune, the trigger and the brake, I am asking $110 shipped or best offer.  Please respond via e-mail, as I check it more often than I check here.
Thanks,
Chris

Gun with brake:

Stock Dings:

Offline Loki_762

• GTA Donations
    • http://
Any offers considered...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 01:27:35 PM »
Don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer!
Thanks,
Chris