Author Topic: Leapers bi directional one peice and centerpoint 3-9x40AO  (Read 5112 times)

Offline michael90t

• http://www.morganwhips.com
Leapers bi directional one peice and centerpoint 3-9x40AO
« on: April 29, 2010, 02:23:21 AM »

ok first off the accushot bi-directional once piece mount in 1 inch tube size..... I am not happy with it, Not happy at all...

in the box it looks great! finish is good has extra screws for the mount stops the ring and the base and allen keys for each one! all very excellent and I had high hopes for this mount!

When I went to put a scope in it its a good thing I was paying close attention and didn't just bang the scope in there and crank the rings down!! the "yoke" between the rings is not deep enough for the adjustment block of the scope to sit in.....The Centerpoint scope doesn't have verya thickblock around its middle anyway's I would go as far as calling it streamlined on the bottom to be honest.... and there still was not enough room..... I am seriously wondering how many scopes have been busted/bent from these mounts....  it took 4 shims made from the very heavy plastic coated paperboard the mount came in(only material I had on hand.... 2 in front and two in back just to shim the scope up high enough to BARELY clear the yoke.... (I mean you can BARELY see a sliver of light underneath it now bout as close to touching as you could get without touching...) and to be honest it probably could use another shim on each side but the rings fit tight enough now with only two I don't want to go heavier....

Other sleight complaint is the clamp itself... the "claws" on each side are kinda rounded at the bottom instead of nice and flat.... seems its clamping on the edge of the scope rail instead of them clamping into the groove.... and on allot of less expensive rifles those grooves are not very thick at all... seems to be holding well but it sure looks wonky!!! (the leapers mount my poppabought at the same time from pyramyd for a 30 mm scope for his whisper fits the same way even on its well defined grooves... when I was pointing it out to him on mine he said he noticed it on his whisper and didn't like it either....)

other then those fitment problems one of which I feel to be pretty serious! I couldn't praise the rest of it any more!! the fit and finish is excellent especially for a mount that costs so little.... extra screws... proper metric allen keys for the screws... since its bi-directional it actually has 2 different mount stop screws in it....

all in all I would buy it again because ICAN fix the problem and for the money the rest of its great.... but I cringe to think of all the bent and or busted scopes out there from those that didn't notice the adjustment block touching... just think with the brutal double recoil of springers how much more stress is put on the scope itself from being flexed like that!!!!!

And now to the scope.....

Centerpoint 3-9x40AO non illuminated scope\

Nothing but praise!!!!!!!!! opticsare REALLY crisp and clear! matter of fact willing to saybest optics I have seen out of any scope in its price range.... target click turrets that's rezeroable! excellent matte finish and adjustable objective to bring those targets into crisp focus!! also has a really good eye piece adjustment for parallax/ which seems to work really well... can wiggle my head around and once set for you the cross hairs stay steady and on center! the clicks on the turrets also seem to be very accurate and repeatable as well... all in all would say this is on the top of the pile for lower priced scopes!!!

ONLY down side I can think of is its very excellent crosshairs... three nice posts and then fine center hairs with the vertical hair staying fine to the top and 4excellent mill-bars(no splotchy dots.. nothing like little tine cross hairs for those targets!!) on each fine post.The downside to this excellent crosshair is its fineness... hunters may have trouble quickly picking up the fine crosshairs/mill-bars on a darker target/lower light.... the illuminated versions would fix this of course... budget target shooters though I could say this is definitely a should buy scope!!! actually for the range most airrifles are good at anyway's I just couldn't see going out and paying much more money for anything else LOL maybe a higher power version 4-12 or something for those 30 yard targets but this is a great scope anddefinitely worth having!

Offline Schmidty25

• http://
Re: Leapers bi directional one peice and centerpoint 3-9x40AO
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:08:59 PM »
I have a Centerpoint 4-16X40 AO  and I love the scope also!
Crossman G1 Extreme
Crossman Powermaster model 66
Crossman 1377C-R
Ruger AirHawk

Offline michael90t

• http://www.morganwhips.com
RE: Leapers bi directional one peice and centerpoint 3-9x40AO
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:48:50 PM »
yea a 4-16 would be awsome......could see the fiber in the paper at 20 yards with that thing I bet LOL

Offline Tom Militano

• GTA Donations
    • http://
Re: Leapers bi directional one peice and centerpoint 3-9x40AO
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 03:03:35 AM »
I have a Centerpoint 3x9x50 scope and I really like it.