Author Topic: Got my order from the airgun church  (Read 1245 times)

Got my order from the airgun church
« on: March 31, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »
So i order an RWS ample pack, 2 wadcutter deigns, pointed, round nose, and hollow point. My lovely Viper loves the pointed, and of course the wadcutters to some degree. Was shooting the bottom of a can, the pointed barely made a sound as they went through. Which makes sense. very nice groupings I kept dancing around the bullseye at my normal target range but at 30 yards was pretty much spot on.

Crossman Premier, very nice pellets, shot faster and higher then everyhting else but was very accurate all in all. I consider the gun liking them to a high degree.

Tomahawks- Not nearly as accurate OR consitent quality as the predators. Every 5 would have a bur at the skirt, or be very easy to put in, almost fall into place, not push in like most pellets. The impact was very interesting, the hole made by these was significantly larger with a more responding thud to them. They would hit so hard often times taking pieces of the can and ripping them off.

Beeman SIlver aces-- once again Beeman has not let me down in their "not sold at wally world or dicks" brands. Very very consistent, nice energy transfer, since it is almost a wadcutter, but almost a rounded also i feel it offers the best accuracy and energy tranfer.

Sometime when i have the chance to get to a range i will do groupings. And take pics for all. So far all of these pellets are acceptable to me, The RWS pointed and Beeman being my top two right now for econmy hunting, right behind the predators.

Offline nyairman

• http://www.totallygraphic.org
RE: Got my order from the airgun church
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 11:45:57 PM »
Thats the way to test them pellets dood. Give the Gamo rockets a try too. Most folks here say their Gamo guns love em. They work great in my CFX.

Greg
Do not ever forget 9-11-01

Offline longislandhunter

• http://
RE: Got my order from the airgun church
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 02:09:06 AM »
I agree Greg, the Rockets shoot very well in most of my rifles.  They hit hard and seem to have a very consistent quality to them.  They're a little heavier, and slower, but they hit very hard.

Jeff
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"