Author Topic: sheridan blue streak vs crosman 140  (Read 5260 times)

Offline jz2

• GTA Donations
sheridan blue streak vs crosman 140
« on: February 12, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »
I have a last model crosman 140 at Mac1 for a re-seal.  I've been seeing some bargains on sheridans and was thinking about getting one, but then, other than being .20 is it any different than the .22 140?  both are pumpers. both open sights and with the mac1 rebuild, either should perform like new.  Do I really need two similar rifles.  thoughts? advice

Offline airgunandy

• http://
RE: sheridan blue streak vs crosman 140
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 06:20:29 AM »
Do you really need two similar rifles?
Yes!  Look at all the guys with more than one break barrel springer!  :)

If you are talking a new  or any other Crosman-built Sheridan, it will not be better than the 140.
I don't have a 140, but I have a current model Benjamin 392 and Crosman 102 multi-pump repeater from the late '40's. Both are nice pump guns, but the Racine, Wisconsin built Sheridan was like the Cadillac of American airguns. On paper it may seem similar to other pumpers, but there is a mystique about a vintage Streak that is hard to explain. Mine wouldn't pump when I first saw it, but something about it "made" me want it.  :)
After a valve job it is one of the best air rifles I have. If I had to go down to only one airgun, the Blue Streak would probably be the one.

Offline jz2

• GTA Donations
Re: sheridan blue streak vs crosman 140
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 06:49:08 AM »
I'm looking at new blue streaks which are in the 150 range now, which seems like a real bargain, but I'd also like to get a pcp like the discovery.  I don't have unlimited resources unfortunately.  so where to spend the money.

Offline airgunandy

• http://
Re: sheridan blue streak vs crosman 140
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »
A new streak isn't any different than a Benjie 392 except for caliber. If you are getting a new one, might just as well get a 392 and share ammo with the 140. The Benjamin/Sheridan guns have brass barrels and pump tubes which are soldered together for a very rigid gun. Not exactly the same as a 140.

If you come across a vintage Racine-made Sheridan in your price range, by all means get it. They are hands down better build  quality than the new Benjamin/Sheridan guns.