Author Topic: Just got one squirrel this morning..... the other two  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Just got one squirrel this morning..... the other two
« on: June 28, 2006, 12:20:32 PM »
fell to far into the high bushes and I did not feel like diggin around in head high bushes.....:)

I took my QB78 and my CFX...... The two that fell in the bushes were about 35 yards away, up in the trees. I spent an hour sneaking around... :).

I finally got ready to leave and I was packing up my stuff and I saw a one about 50 yards away on the ground eatin something and his buddy was right next to him. So I grabbed the CFX .177 Synth and took free standing aim. One shot and he was dead. He was standing up facing me and I hit him right in the heart. Died instantly.

Meager catch but I gots the a long time left to hunt those lil tree rats.... he he he

Gene

PS Here is a picture.
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Re: Just got one squirrel this morning..... the other two
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 01:12:35 PM »
Nice shooting Gene. Not a meager catch in my opinion.
I need to find some time to get out there and clear the birdfeeder. The tree-rats are clearing that thing out!

Russ S.

Offline longislandhunter

• http://
RE: Just got one squirrel this morning..... the other two
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 02:13:25 AM »
Nice shot Gene, great picture too!  Makes me wanna grab my gun and hit the woods.  I think I read one of your posts awhile ago where you said you don't eat them, but I'm tellin ya,,,, they make great stew.... :)
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"