Author Topic: broke my whisper what to do?  (Read 6316 times)

Offline michael90t

• http://www.morganwhips.com
Re: broke my whisper what to do?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »

Bob

does the spring need to be spaced up any or is it pure drop in??

Offline Tim40189

• GTA Donations
RE: broke my whisper what to do?
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 04:43:09 PM »
Jay,
Spring in my Whisper rolled craps around 1500 rounds also.  Follow Bobs advice on the parts from JM and you will be surprisingly pleased with a great shooter.  He is the Grand Ole Man of the tuners her on the forum and one of the greatest gentlemem I have had the pleasure of doing business with.  He cares about the people here and the sport.  His word is gold in my opinion and I have purchased 5 of his GRT-III's for myself and a few for others and installed them.  You will change that pellet gun into an Air Rifle with the GRT-III and a tune.  The fun is yet to come and it's interesting to do as well.  Best of luck with the repairs and let us know how she turns out.
Tim

Offline jay morgan

• http://
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
THANK's TIM I'm going to pull it apart in a day ortwo & mic seal to see if it's a apex for me or the tesla,I wish j.m had tesla seal in both size(sound's to be aslightly better seal)& yes I believe BOB is a fine man & true to his word,  I sent the man cash with out even giveing it a second thought,I hope he does'nt even claim it on tax's, but he most likely will , I wish I would of stuck a few extra buck's in to get him a couple of beer's just for his good answer to my plight on gun & for this fine forum they run!!! hey tim one more guestion did you use any shim's on your spring from j.m, not really worried about power or anything just wondering,I've heard of washer's ?
N.R.A.(endowment),G.O.A.(life), N.R.A. trainer for,c.c.w.,all firearms &reloading /\" NO FREEMAN SHALL EVER BE DEBARRED THE USE OF ARM\'S\"(Thomas Jefferson)

Offline Tim40189

• GTA Donations
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 02:55:29 PM »
Jay,
I machined a custom spring guide out of Delrin and used a SS washer as a bearing surface for the rear of the spring and machined a brass top hat with a spacer for the piston end of the spring.  Made my measurements and then got advice from Gene on materials to consider for the parts. These are one of the advantages of being a machinist and working in a large production facility with access to the necessary equipment.  It is also necessary to have the gun and components in hand to make these measurments, this is one of the things Bob, Gene, and Ed have done over the years as pro tuners.  They can make great shooters out of these air rifles with the work they do.  Good luck with the tune and repair job.  Let us know how she comes out in the end.  Anything else dope in a line and I'll try to help if I can.