Author Topic: Gamo Raptors  (Read 5336 times)

Offline targetdriver

• http://
Gamo Raptors
« on: July 22, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »
Fed Ex delivered my Diana RWS 34 Meisterschutze Pro Compact .177 yesterday and I sat down to see what it would do. I pulled out my cases of pellets to see which one would be the best for my new rifle. Shooting @ 10 yards I tried Meisterkugeln's, Hobby's, Superdome's, H-Points, Crosman Premier Heavies, and a few others, most of them grouped very well. I could cover most of the groups with a dime.

Looking though the rest of my pellets I noticed the little container of Gamo PBA Raptors that came with one of my Gamo rifles. I've read many times on the various boards about them and just put them away, assuming that they were some sort of gimmick and have had them for some time. Well what the heck, I thought, they're not doing me any good just sitting there, so I shot a group of 5. The loud crack as I shot told me these things where absolutely going supersonic. No doubt about it. But to my surprise they gave me the best group of the session by far. Now as I stated before, this was only @ 10 yards, but it was still a great group.

My question: Has anyone else had any luck with them as well? About all I've ever heard is how they are not accurate.  These things are too expensive ($8.99/100) to buy on a regular basis, so I'm not planning to get any more.

Mike

Offline buckeyehunter

• GTA Donations
Re: Gamo Raptors
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:18:21 PM »
I WOULDN'T RECOMEND SHOOTING ANYMORE PBA PELLETS OUT OF ANY GUN.  THEY ARE MUCH TOO LIGHT TO SHOOT OUT OF A SPRINGER.  WHEN SHOOTING THESE PELLETS YOU ARE ESSENTIALLY  DRY FIRING YOUR GUN.  JUST MY OPINION BUT I THINK OTHERS WILL CONCURE WITH MY STATEMENT.

Offline targetdriver

• http://
Re: Gamo Raptors
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 09:17:54 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...too light. As I stated earlier I won't be buying any as they are too expensive. I'll probably save the rest for CO2 guns.

Mike