Author Topic: Talked to Robert Fischer at Kermit Texas Airgun Club..  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Rixtrix

• http://
Talked to Robert Fischer at Kermit Texas Airgun Club..
« on: June 29, 2007, 12:37:19 PM »
and told him I was thinking of taking the family to Carlsbad Cavern in southern New Mexico, then continuing to the Midland/Odessa area to see the Commemorative Airforce Museum there, as my boys are really into WWII stuff. Since Kermit is one a short hop from there, I asked if the club had any events scheduled for mid-October, over Fall Break, that I could attend to shoot in.

He replied that they would put something together if I gave them some notice, even go so far as to put on a BBQ at the range. It's about 9 hours straight through from the Phoenix area where I live, but will stop midway either coming or going to see the hole, haha.

If the club there, Kermit Texas Airgun Club, would do something like that for me, what could happen if a bunch of us showed up. Think of the possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone care to join in the fun?

Ric G
Daisy Model 25 BB gun, 45 years young and still shooting-    BSA Ultra .177, RFM Muzzlebrake, Bushnell Elite 4200 6x24-40 AO Mildot scope,  SportsMatch high rings)-    Gamo Shadow 1000, GRT-lll trigger, AirGunToyz Muzzle Brake, Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO IR mildot,Accushot Med. One Piece Mount, JM Tarantula spring and seal, polished internals, sleeved guide and tophat,self-tuned with CDT advice, CPL, JSB Exact or Predator pellets

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
Re: Talked to Robert Fischer at Kermit Texas Airgun Club..
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 01:59:41 AM »
I have been thinking about, and talking to my wife about planning a trip to Kermit for quite awhile now.  Believe it or not even though I live in Texas I cannot just "hop in the car" and go shooting, it's a good 6 hour drive to Kermit from here.  What I have thought about doing is if I could find a campgroud close to Kermit I would like to take a 3 day weekend, drive to Kermit and camp for a couple days and shoot.  Maybe tour a little of that side of the state, just drive around and see some of the country.  Problem is, camping in Kermit during summer will not be fun unless I bring alot of ice to keep cool.....oh yea, and driving around at $3/gal of gas isn't much fun either.  It is possible by the end of the week for me to float to Kermit though....this rain is amazing.
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008

Offline Rixtrix

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 03:58:49 PM »
Carlsbad Cavern is only about an hour and a half away from Kermit. I know gas is way high, but we want to do as much as we can for the boys while they're still able to do things. Eric's conditionat that time predicates what we will do.

Ric G
Daisy Model 25 BB gun, 45 years young and still shooting-    BSA Ultra .177, RFM Muzzlebrake, Bushnell Elite 4200 6x24-40 AO Mildot scope,  SportsMatch high rings)-    Gamo Shadow 1000, GRT-lll trigger, AirGunToyz Muzzle Brake, Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO IR mildot,Accushot Med. One Piece Mount, JM Tarantula spring and seal, polished internals, sleeved guide and tophat,self-tuned with CDT advice, CPL, JSB Exact or Predator pellets

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »
Dano, there are free RV hookups at a very large park right in Kermit. And it's next to a swimming pool also. It's very shaded in the park with swings, slides, etc and BBQ pits all over. Very nice. If you really want to rough it, you can camp at the Airgun Range. We will have firewood there, etc. Anytime..

RE: Talked to Robert Fischer at Kermit Texas Airgun Club..
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 04:50:37 PM »
Were always looking for a good time shooting, hanging out, eating, etc. That's what the sport is all about. Hope to see ya.