Author Topic: Just got my TX200...  (Read 1765 times)

Just got my TX200...
« on: June 26, 2007, 02:40:30 PM »
So far so good. It was tuned by Steve of Pomona Airguns with his target tune. Very nice job. I don't like the new style stock on it or the new style stock on 1 of my HW97's, but I have old style stocks to replace them. The TX isn't even broken in and it is very accurate already. It's shooting 870fps. I was wanting 840 or so, but it's so smooth like it is that I'm very happy. The trigger is a bit lighter than on my HW97, and I consider the 97's trigger to be excellent. I'm sure I can lighten it a tad also. Once it get's broken in, I'll use it for field target. Maybe as a backup gun, unless It just turns into a top performer like my HW97. Right now I have a Tasco/Hakko 8-40X56 AO TT scope on it, but the optics aren't quite what I'm used to with the Bushnell Elite 4200 8-32X40. If I ever get rich, I'll have to get another Bushy for it. I don't really want to do the scope swapping thing back and forth.

The quality is right on par with the HW97.  Nice bluing, and quality internal and external parts. I can't really say that one is better than the other, but I do know that you can get more velocity out of a TX than HW. But smoothness and accuracy are the key things and both guns have it. Now I'm gonna have to flip a coin to choose which to shoot.

I'm still working on my B40 also. It has some custom work done to it to get it up to par. It's not there yet. I just cut the spring (a stock TX spring) down a bit. It was shooting 938fps before, now it's at 832fps. That's right where I wanted it, so I lucked out. I just have to try it to see if it picked up some accuracy. I imagine with a lot less felt recoil, that it should come in with tighter groups now. I'll keep you informed...

1 happy camper

Offline leftcoast1

• http://
RE: Just got my TX200...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 02:51:04 PM »
Let us know about the B-40. Hell you bought a TX must have a little richness to ya. LOL. I had scratch together enough just to buy a used B-40 so I guess a Bushy isn't on my horizons  :D Thanks for the update.
Jason
A couple of Springers nothin to get excited about.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 03:56:54 PM »
unfortunately, I had to sell my two most prized airguns. A nice R1 in .20 and my Charlie tuned B30 in .22. I loved those guns. They were both outstanding hunters and extremely accurate. And the .22 B30 sure put the whopping on those Jackrabbits. I miss having them, but I want to shoot field target more than anything. So I wanted to make sure I had a back up gun or two allways on hand for the big matches. Well, i went a little overboard and ended up with 2 HW97's, a B40, and a TX200. Probably more than I can take care of at once.

Offline leftcoast1

• http://
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 05:37:52 AM »
You can never go too overboard! Outsiders may feel differently but none of us here. I feel for you about dumping other guns but it will come full circle you will get other ones just like them maybe better. Keep me posted on the B40. I have spare spring may give it a try.
Jason
A couple of Springers nothin to get excited about.

Re: Just got my TX200...
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 05:45:36 AM »
IS that a .22 or .177?

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 11:54:02 AM »
It's a .177. .177 is typical for Field Target guns. You can't imagine how little some guys make those killzones :)

Offline cztony

• GTA Donations
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 02:17:36 PM »
Just got a TX220 myself. Going to try Field target also and don't have budget to support PCP right now.