Author Topic: Gamo Whisper - Part II (Pellet Accuracy & Handling) Scoped  (Read 6529 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Gamo Whisper - Part II (Pellet Accuracy & Handling) Scoped
« on: August 01, 2007, 09:43:17 AM »

Along with the new Gamo Whisper came a Gamo Scope, 3-9X12 variable. It also comes with a one piece rugged mount. On top of the Whisper's action is a very nice riser that is removable. I think these risers are a fantastic addition to the Gamo Whisper unlike the Gamo Shadow 1000 with just 3/8" dove tails cut into the top of the action. I mounted the scope which already came mounted from Gamo. I tightened all 4 torx screws up and check the stock torx screws as well to see if all the shooting yesterday loosened anything up. Everything was snug. The mount has a pin which sets into a hole on top of the riser. That is another great innovation as well. After I had the scope on I shouldered the Whisper and the eye piece set in the perfect position for me. I was wondering if it would be right for me or if I would have to readjust it. Luckily it worked out great. Unlike yesterday I could really see the target at 30 yards with the scope. But it was blurry for me until I took off my glasses. Never had that happen before with other scopes. As soon as I raised the Whisper up to my shoulder and laid it on the rest I could see very clearly without my glasses. I then adjusted the power between 5 and 6 which was perfectly clear and it was still steady. I got the RWS Superdomes out and loaded one up. This time I sighted in the RWS Superdomes and after I was done pulled out a fresh target. So the test begins. First RWS Superdomes, Gamo Hunters, Beeman FTS, and Gamo Tomahawks just like yesterdays order of shooting. As normal each brand of pellet took its own path but overall they all shot well. Everyone has to remember that this is a "Out OF The Box" new Gamo and it still has less than 600 pellets through it. Also I do not shoot FT and consider myself average for my age and eye sight. Also my right trigger finger and knuckle are sore from pulling on that heavy trigger. I am not used to pulling on a Gamo stock trigger. Also remember this is not about how bad or well I shoot but to determin consistancy of different pellets used in the Out Of The Boxl Gamo Whisper. So below are the results of the (Pellet Accuracy & Handling) Scoped. This will conclude any further shooting until after CDT and myself dissect the Gamo Whisper to see what changes have been made by Gamo and then after a Lube and Turbo Tune we will continue with more testing..

Gene

THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: Gamo Whisper - Part II (Pellet Accuracy & Handling) Scoped
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »
Well buddy look's like your putting em in there alright and no glasses on hmmm hehehe. Everytime you all post some new info on her, it's looking better and better. Oh but wait for the tune. :) Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline PeakChick

• http://
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 11:43:02 AM »
Very nice review Gene. This gun apparently has potential. It certainly does seem to have a preference for the Tomahawks. Would love to see what it does with the 8.4gr JSB exacts.

Thank you and Bob both for sharing an early preview of this new Gamo rifle. It will be very interesting to see how it performs with a GRT trigger and CDT's tuning magic.
The current stable, (arsenal, quiver?): BSA Lightning XL .177, BSA Sportsman HV .22, BSA Ultra .177, CZ634 .177, Daystate Harrier X .177, TAU 200 Senior .177, HW 97 .177, HW 50s .177, HW 30 .177, RWS 92 .177, Gamo 126 MC Super, Gamo Big Cat .177, AR2078A, QB78 .177, Quest 1000 .177, Beeman SS650 .177., Beeman P17 .177.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

Offline longislandhunter

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 12:02:27 PM »
Enjoying your reviews very much Gene.  When I saw the first pics of the rifle I had no interest in it at all, now that I've been reading your reviews and seeing the target pics the desire for one is starting to build.  Thanks......... I have a strange feeling that I'm gonna be in trouble again soon with the Mrs.

Jeff
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 01:11:09 PM »

ThanksGene,

This is like a Soap Opera, I can't wait for the next account of yours and Bob's examination of the Whisper !

This is harder than standing in line at a Massage Polar...hehehe...he

Looking forward to the continuing saga of "The Examination of the Gamo Whisper", NOW at You Favorite G.T.A. Forums !!!

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 01:33:13 PM »
The way it's looking Jeff, a few of us will be in the GTA doghouse when it's all said and done hehe. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 08:07:53 PM »
I think you should go back to the open sights Gene. Your groups seem to be better without a scope. Its great that you guys go the extra mile for your friends. Wish we had people like you and Bob down here.