Author Topic: PICS of my B-20 with R9 stock, using B-4 spring.  (Read 1685 times)

PICS of my B-20 with R9 stock, using B-4 spring.
« on: July 16, 2006, 05:48:03 PM »
Guys I had a B-20 before and traded it for a B-21.  Yeah you guess it, bad trade.  I ran into another B-20.  Quality on this one wasnt as good as my last.  Inside piston on the spring seat, the surface was not even and caused OEM spring breakage.  I ordred a JM tophat but its not here yet.  I fabricated a washer to use in there for now.  

The B-4 spring is 2-3 inches shorter than OEM, but other than that, Identical.  First on the guide well.  What do you know, it hits 800 fps with 7.9.  smooth.

Its not pictured but I added a MB, home made.  Its not like the ones you usually see.  Its rubber rings and aluminum tube with a cap. But the thing is, the rubber on the barrel, by itself reduces the report a bit.  its just noise or vibration dampening.  Then if I slide it forward a little, the sound is WAY down.  More sound taming than any all steel MB I have ever used.  

Contrary to many posts Ive read.  The B-20 action accepts the R-9 stock quite well. It may be an older R9 stock that I am using which fits better than new but I am not sure.  Perfect drop in fit.

I couldnt be happier.  Had the r9 stock lying around with no place to go. This B20 comes along and I dont have much hopes for it but it turned out really nce.

Shoots like a dream.  It can do well under 1 inch at 25 yards.  In a five shot group, I get about three right in the center and the others fly because I dont follow through or I jerk the trigger.

Trigger was nice but polish and moly never hurts.  I can tell its a bit smoother after that.

Ordred JM kit just for the top hat really.  I dont know if I want to use his spring because I just want a shorter one for med-high power.  800 is plenty for my needs from this gun.

Tell me what you think!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/jcnesqmba/b202-1.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/jcnesqmba/b20.jpg