Author Topic: Posting on the yellow  (Read 1877 times)

Offline nmmike

• http://
Posting on the yellow
« on: July 16, 2006, 01:03:37 PM »
Forgetting, for a moment, the contentiousness of the last few weeks I would like to comment on my YP 'experience' as of late. In the last 2 or 3 days there has been multiple postings inquiring as to the 'best' 10 meter air pistol under $300.00 or so. Conveniently forgetting my promise to myself to just 'lurk' for awhile I jumped right in & gave my OPINION, that being "get the IZH46M". Now , don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that healthy discussion & difference of opinion is an important part of making an informed decision, but I thought I had a 'dead gimme' on this one, & I base that on what I've read on the very forum in question. The general opinion on the yellow forum in regards to this air pistol also led me to spend the better part of $300.00 to buy one.  If you will do a search on this airgun (and I haven't) I'm willing to bet that the results will be overwhelmingly positive. If a person says "Izzy", you don't think of the 61,53,512,513 or the drozd, you think of the 46M. Again, I firmly support difference of opinion, but I don't think I could have found two people to say they had another sub $300.00 choice in this matter until the last couple of days. Well either I'm completley wrong or it's the Izzy's turn in the barrel. Eventually I'll learn to keep my mouth shut & let somebody else stick their neck out. :D
Just ranting at myself & making everybody else listen.:)
Mike (nmmike)

Re: Posting on the yellow
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 05:15:34 PM »
Tons of airgunners jumped on the 46M band wagon over the past year and your right, it is a gimmy... I guess when the opinion doesn't come from an airgun snob, then it is ridiculed. I wouldn't let your feelings get hurt over it. That's just the way it is there.

Re: IHZ46
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 11:45:39 PM »
I bought a 46 about a year ago and have been very pleased with the gun. so it does'nt have as much power as its newer cousin its really not that much to begin with. what i dod find was a high quality extremely accurate target pistol. The gun had great grips and excellent sights. For pure target paper punching I can thibnk of no gun better. (The Daisy 7X7s come very close).
I love mine and have yet to be dissapointed in the gun. I doubt I will ever part with it.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Opinions
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 01:01:28 AM »
I like the fact that we can discuss airguns here without people jumpin in and not blasting anothers opinion. I hope this forum never becomes that way. It would be great if all of our members could  express their opions based on experience, knowledge, trial and error and facts without critisisim from another airgunner.

:)
Gene

THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline nmmike

• http://
RE: Posting on the yellow
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 04:53:44 AM »
I am very fortunate in that I have the three best air pistols a person in my position could hope to have without spending the house & car payment. An IZH46M, a Daisy 747 & a Beeman/ Weihrauch P3 (ya, I spelled it right, I looked on one of my guns) 8) . I just got finished shooting a few one handed shots with the Izzy & the 747 and i've come to the conclusion that I probably don't have much to say about the 'nose heavy' controversy that seems to be the biggest issue with the Izzy. Age, medical problems & lazyness  have conspired against me to the point that I find it hard to hold on target with the Daisy much less the Izzy! Just as well, I don't have any business getting in the middle of contentious discussions anyway, I'm just not that serious about it. But I am serious enough to know that I better get back in shape before November (YFPP time) :D .
Mike