Author Topic: Converted to remote/bulk fill I have a few ??'s  (Read 1679 times)

Converted to remote/bulk fill I have a few ??'s
« on: August 13, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »
I just got my remote line and on off valve today and a 9oz tank. I wanted to know if I set the gun up correctly...

After removing the valve I took out the piercing pin.
Now what id like to know should I have taken out that spring and triangle shaped thingy also? Or should that spring have stayed in the gun?

The gun dose shoot a hell of alot harder too. Even the g/f noticed it seems to slap my steel targets with more athority. Ill be chronying it in the morning so I can find out for shure.

Offline ribbonstone

• http://
RE: Converted to remote/bulk fill I have a few ??'s
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »
Not real sure what the "spring and triangle shaped thing" is....is that inside the rifle's valve or inside the bulk fill end-cap?  I don't remember anything inside the gun's valve that looked like that.

the bulk fill end cap is a one-way valve...it lets c02 into the gas tube, dut won't let it out. When you turn off the tank, the line from the tank to the bulk fill end cap stayes full of co2..shooting the gun until empty still elaves the c02 in the remote line.  If you disconnect the line at the end cap, will blow the little o-ring out of the quick connect.  Need to vent the line from the paint bottle side first (by unscrewing the paintball tank just enough..hopfully...to let the line vent).

Better (for me) is to disarm the bulk-fill end cap.  It's got two pices, brass front and silver (Al.)back part that screws together.  If you unscrew the back part, saving the internal parts for later use. Are left with only the brass front section.  Now when you turn the co2 tank off, can shoot all the gas left in the gun AND the remote line...and once it's shot down to no or low pressure, can pop the disconnect off without blowing it's little o-ring across the room (bonus: the co2 in the line gets shot rather than vented).

My chronograph doesn't show a great big increase in vel, but does show a big decrease in shot-to-shot variation.
Robert

Offline jonny1o1

• GTA Donations
    • http://
RE: Converted to remote/bulk fill I have a few ??'s
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 02:34:05 AM »
when you want to just stop shooting just turn off the tanks and dry fire or shoot untill the line is empty and the tube is empty