Author Topic: are you up for a dose of reality? How accurate is your airgun in your hands in the field? try this..  (Read 7801 times)

Re: Hey CG! I really liked the post!!
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 07:08:24 PM »
CG:

Yours was an excellent post.  I didn't find your responses to replies out of the bounds of decorum.  In fact, it got me to thinking about my own biases a bit, and consider the needs of other folks.

Because fly casting is easy for me and something that I am good at, I assume that anyone else who wanted to be as good at it as I am could do so if they were willing to take the time and effort to do so.

I tend to think of springer shooting in the same way.

Where my thinking falls apart (or did) is in associating "willing" with "able."  There's a differnce between those words.  Because I am self-employed in a lifestyle occupation as an outdoors writer / lecturer, I have the luxury of working around my hobbies.  Living in the here and now, I forget what it was like when I wasn't so blessed.

Thank you, Sir, for humbling me by reminding me that willingness alone isn't enough, and that ability to make time is something that most folks less fortunate than I am have a tough time doing.

Again, I thought yours was a fine post.  I anxiously await more of the same.

-JP
http://www.uplandhunter.net