Author Topic: Full Circle  (Read 1367 times)

Offline JMG

• http://
Full Circle
« on: October 01, 2007, 03:53:16 PM »

It is really interesting to me how most of us have come full circle when it comes to guns. STarting out as kids and having bb or pellet guns to use. And then moving on to firearms and now here we are back again to airguns. I know myself when I was a kid and the different airguns I had I could care less back then what the fps was nor did I even know what it was lol. All I cared about back then was could I hit what I was aiming at. As an adult now in the hobby I am more interested in the technical aspects of the guns. I find it really interesting all of the different powerplants that come in these guns, and I really like seeing the discussions that evolve from these different powerplants. Another thing that I find interesting is when I talk to other adults that arent into airguns but are into firearms. Every once in a while I will take one of my guns in to work and let the guys there shoot them. They usually are very impressed with the power and then their lack of shooting ability with the springers hehe. Always talking about the recoil being worse on the springers than their .22 lr gun of choice. Always fun stuff to see people shooting airguns that havent shot any for years.

John

Ok I shoot....maybe not well but I do shoot hehe, B26-2.177, X3-B3-2 .177, RWS 34 .177, QB78 Deluxe .177, CR 1322 Medalist
[img=../photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=610]

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: Full Circle
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 11:43:47 PM »
Yup John they realize it takes alittle more skill to shoot dem airgun's hehe. I love the challenge of hunting with a airgun, you must focus and at the same time relaxe to place your shot's where they need to be. Letting newbies shoot them is a good thing, next thing you know their out looking to buy one. :) Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Full Circle
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 01:57:06 AM »
Yes it is a great hobby/sport John. And for most it is a full circle..:) For sure Ed is right about being more of a challenge to shoot an air riifle and hit what you are aiming at. :) I may have some on on the verge of getting hooked. A guy I met who is allot like us in the fact that he likes to work with his hands and is multi talented with many tools and many neat projects..  He wants me to bring my air rifles over to his place so he can shoot them and see how he likes them.. hehehe  He is will be like FRESH MEAT for the hobby/sport. Just a matter of setting the stage and time for him to relax and setting a tin of pellets next to him and a S1K in his hands.. Like giggin a frog.. hehe

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 12:36:02 PM »
It's kind of like fishin with a bobber.  It's a hell of alot of fun and it reduces the sport down to the basics.

Jay

Offline longislandhunter

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 01:26:28 PM »
I must agree with Ed,,,, I find the challenge of hunting with an air gun to be just incredible.   It's the same reason I love bow hunting deer so much,,, the added challenge.  Although I have to admit,,,, as much as I love bow hunting I'm still totally consumed with the air gun shooting.  

Yesterday was the opening day of deer bow season here and before getting addicted to air guns I never missed being in my deer stand on opening day,,,,, however last year and this year opening day found me thinking not about grabbing my bow but rather which air rifle I was gonna shoot when I got home from work.  

I will of course get in my share of bowhunting this season,,,, but 90% of my time will be walking through the woods with an air rifle in my hands looking for small game.......

Jeff
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"

Offline Rixtrix

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 03:54:33 PM »
It's so true, John. I started with a Benji pump, then a Model 25 Daisy( which I just found out was the high fps gun of the day at around 325), then started shootin my Dad's old WesternField .22LR. Then got a cheap .357 Mag for a debt payment. Next came a Remington 700 BDL .243, a 10-22 Ruger, Mini-14 Ruger and a 9mm P89. Then had no guns for years,  but the Model 25 until last Xmas when the Shadow 1000 came along. Been in and out of it a lot, modding this and that. Now that I received the BSA Ultra pcp, I think I'll just leave it alone and shoot the heck out of it! LOL

Ric G
Daisy Model 25 BB gun, 45 years young and still shooting-    BSA Ultra .177, RFM Muzzlebrake, Bushnell Elite 4200 6x24-40 AO Mildot scope,  SportsMatch high rings)-    Gamo Shadow 1000, GRT-lll trigger, AirGunToyz Muzzle Brake, Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO IR mildot,Accushot Med. One Piece Mount, JM Tarantula spring and seal, polished internals, sleeved guide and tophat,self-tuned with CDT advice, CPL, JSB Exact or Predator pellets