Author Topic: Airgunning Atlanta November match  (Read 2830 times)

Offline kirby999

• http://
Airgunning Atlanta November match
« on: November 19, 2007, 03:18:18 PM »
Here's a write-up Jon posted at the colored forum , rather than  re-write everything I thought I would just paste it here from there . We all had a great time , I was the only springer shooter there . kirby

Airgunning Atlanta November Match results

November 18 2007 at 9:35 PM

Airgunning Atlanta November Official Match Report and Results.

Airgunning Atlanta members got together today for our November match. We had an excellent turn out on an absolutely beautiful day. The temperature topped out in the low 70’s and it was a relatively windless day. Almost all of the active members participated and certainly showed up ready to battle it out for first place. In my short time as a member this was easily one of the most competitive matches I’ve taken part in. There was a buzz of enthusiasm and competitiveness that really made just watching it and being part of it very enjoyable.

Ken Hughes has been putting some time in to make our course more challenging and he definitely accomplished that well. And I as I witnessed the course challenged both the veteran and the novice shooters, especially me LOL. There were a few targets placed that exceeded 50 on the Troyer scale and one that I believe was over 70. The addition of a kneeling lane gave the course a nice change of pace, hopefully it will help in training for next year’s nationals. I am not exactly sure of the course’s overall Troyer rating but I think it was somewhere in the 34-35 range (it seemed harder to me, LOL).

Tommy Garland and Ken Hughes tied for top honors today at 49 hits a piece out of a possible 52 shots. Kevin Allen was hot on their heels with 48 hits for 2nd place. Walt Roller cussed and swore his way into 46 hits for 3rd place. Greg Garner and Doug Vinson also had a very good showing for a 4th place tie. Jon Oswald (me) stumbled, tripped, and other wise lucked into a 5th place finish with a 29. And last but certainly not least David Kirby got a 25, David was the only springer shooter for today.

As a side note, and my personal experience of today’s match: I have to say these are a great bunch of guys to learn from, I got a ton of shooting technique, and equipment advice that is really priceless information to me. There is no place else that you can learn this much about field target shooting that I have come across, I personally have gained a lot from shooting some of the most seasoned field target shooters out there, Thanks guys I really appreciate it! And thanks Greg for the coaching, CLOSE YOUR BREECH!

Come on out and enjoy a match with us, it’s really a great time. Check out the http://www.airgunningatlanta.com website for club info, match information, and directions to the club site.

Overall

1st tie
  Ken Hughes
  Air Arms RN10
  Nightforce 36X
  JSBH 10.2

1st tie
  Tommy Garland
  Air Arms Pro Target
  Nightforce 36X
  CPH 10.5

2nd
  Kevin Allen
  Ripley AR5s
  Leupold Comp 35X
  JSB 8.4

3rd
  Walt Roller
  Air Arms Pro Target
  Burris 8-32X
  CPH 10.5

4th tie
  Doug Vinson
  Air Arms Pro Target
  Leupold Comp 35X
  CPH 10.5

4th tie
  Greg Garner
  Air Arms EV2 MKIII
  Leupold Comp 35X
  JSB 7.9

5th
  Jon Oswald
  Anschutz ZM2002
  Hakko 8-34X
  CPH 10.5

6th
  David Kirby
  Air Arms TX200 HC
  Bushnell Banner 6-24X
  JSB 8.4

Open PCP Class

1st tie
  Ken Hughes
  Air Arms RN10
  Nightforce 36X
  JSBH 10.2

1st tie
  Tommy Garland
  Air Arms Pro Target
  Nightforce 36X
  CPH 10.5

2nd
  Walt Roller
  Air Arms Pro Target
  Burris 8-32X
  CPH 10.5

3rd
  Doug Vinson
  Air Arms Pro Target
  Leupold Comp 35X
  CPH 10.5

4th
  Jon Oswald
  Anschutz ZM2002
  Hakko 8-34X
  CPH 10.5
 International Class

1st
  Kevin Allen
  Ripley AR5s
  Leupold Comp 35X
  JSB 8.4

2nd
  Greg Garner
  Air Arms EV2 MKIII
  Leupold Comp 35X
  JSB 7.9

International Piston

1st
  David Kirby
  Air Arms TX200 HC
  Bushnell Banner 6-24X
  JSB 8.4

\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"