Author Topic: how do I get this @$#! thing off?  (Read 1900 times)

how do I get this @$#! thing off?
« on: March 16, 2008, 04:24:05 AM »
I am trying to get the raised scope rail (bottom part that attches right to the dovetail) off of my whisper. I removed the scope and its mounts, but the rail attachment doesn't come off.

I removed the set screw and the three torx screws, and the rail just slides back and forth. Do I have to pull the stock off to get to the back of the thing so it can slide off or is there some trick to this I am not seeing?

-Mark

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
RE: how do I get this @$#! thing off?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 05:33:01 AM »
Yes, you must remove the stock and then remove the lug behind the trigger housing. Slip off the decor cap then slide off the rail. Reinstall the decor cap, lug and stock.
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

Re: how do I get this @$#! thing off?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 07:13:50 AM »
thanks bob!

okay, all I see are two screws for the stock, I have to think there is more to it then that. I am guessing there is more hidden under something.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 08:11:26 AM »
okay, I got the stock off. Now how do I remove that contour piece of plastic off of the end of it?

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 08:16:21 AM »
Nope, there's no hidden screw on the Whiper's stock.  Scatter brained instructions... so read them fully while looking at the gun before trying to follow the randomness of my instructions.  Two screws in the fore stock on the left and right, these will be the two you're referring to.  The third screw is the screw closest to the butt of the gun that looks like it holds the trigger guard in place.  Remove those 3 screws and ease the action out of the stock being very careful not to lose the plastic roller bushing found on the cocking arm.  Then look at the place where the trigger guard screw came from.  Actually it is a lug that screws into the action itself.  There's a plastic spacer in between it and the trigger.  Remove the spacer, paying attention to it's orientation for reassmebly.  Use a 10mm wrench to screw the lug out.  Once the lug is out the plastic piece that sits behind and covers the back of the action can be slid out of the back of the action.  Once that piece is removed the riser will slide off the back of the action.  Make sure you put the action cover back on before reinstalling that trigger guard lug.  Also make sure the washer down inside the stock is in place.  The washer is where that back trigger guard screw was removed.  There's also a rectangle washer type gadget that fits under that lug... make sure it's in place too.  Loctite 232 every screw upon reassembly.  Good Luck... I decided to do the same to my Whipser the other day.

I got it
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 01:37:10 PM »
thanks everyone, I finally got it off.

:D

-Mark