Author Topic: Gamo Whisper Ordered.... Woo Hoo!  (Read 2353 times)

Gamo Whisper Ordered.... Woo Hoo!
« on: January 30, 2008, 03:23:37 PM »
I finally decided to go with a light weight Gamo for my boy.  Pyramyd listed the gun as "out of stock", same as the CPL pellets I ordered with it.  It may be a couple of weeks before my order ships but that will give me time to see just how well the Big Cat I bought last week for the neighbor's son shoots.  Weather permitting I plan on running the Big Cat across my chrony and accuracy testing it this weekend while the girls are gone off doing their beauty pageant thingy... AGAIN.  Hey, if they can have a hobby, why can't we?

RE: Gamo Whisper Ordered.... Woo Hoo!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:43:42 PM »
good stuff

would love to hear your opinion on those gamos, a friend is thinking about getting an air rifle and it looks like a gamo might do the job, just not sure which, so need all the info i can get

enjoy the weekend

fin

Offline crazy4salmon

• http://
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:25:20 PM »
Robby, I hope all goes well with your order through Pyramid. Seems to be alot of tension around here with them lately. I used cabelas for the purchase of my Whisper. They had them in stock and everything went real smooth. P.S. your son will love the Whisper. Good luck.

Dan L

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 11:58:23 PM »
Yeah, maybe things will go well with my Pyramyd order.  I'd hate to know Charlie sent me a GRTIII for naught.  The Gamo I bought the neighbor was ordered through Amazon who in turn was actually a store-front for Pyramyd.  When I received a back order email I cancelled my Amazon order then reordered direct from Pyramyd leaving off my back ordered items.  They were a tad slow to get my order out the door but all ended well.

Offline longislandhunter

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 12:54:40 AM »
I just placed a large order for pellets and other airgun supplies the other day.  Got an immediate confirmation email followed 2 days later by an email informing me all items were shipped, complete with a tracking number.  I've never had any problems with Pyramydair and this was another smooth transaction.   Hope yours goes as well....

Jeff
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"

Order UPDATE
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 03:25:06 AM »
Last night when I placed my order the Whisper was shown as out of stock and scheduled to be in on 2/12.  The Crosman PL ordered were shown to be in stock on 2/11.  So I figured I'd simply have to wait a few weeks for my new toys to ship.  Well by the grace of God a shipment of Whispers came in late yesterday.  But as my luck runs, they're gonna hold my order until 2/11 when the pellets come in.

That's what they thought....  LOL  I cancelled the original order and reordered leaving off the Premier lights.  My boy's toy will ship out today and should be here Monday, I'd assume.

Offline crazy4salmon

RE: Order UPDATE
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 06:34:12 AM »
Good news. Cant wait to get your review of the Whisper. I'm going to shoot mine at the pellet trap in the house right now. Just got some superdomes in the mail and predators to try out. Give us an update when the new baby arrives. Just put the new pellets through the Whisper. She like the domes, but absolutely loves the predator pellets. All ten predator inside a quarter at 15 yards. The superdomes cover a half dollar piece. Best thing I didn't even touch the scope between pellets. After the barrel is seasoned I might not even need a tune. You are going to like it. To bad she loves the predator, ouch my wallet is sore. I could buy a lot of predators for the price of a tune though. Who am I kidding, I still want Bob the master to give her the works this summer.

Dan L :)

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 03:18:06 PM »
My Whisper shipped today and should be here Monday.  I had planned on putting the neighbor's Big Cat on a chrony thsi weekend but that may be void now.  His great grandmother passed last night and he may not be home much this weekend.  But seeing how I bought the gun I bet he'd let me tinker with it while he is away.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
Can't wait to hear your take of the whisper.  I'd love to have someone like you living in my neighborhood :D.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 06:10:45 PM »
I wonder if there is a way to mod a muzzle break to make my CFX whisper?

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 11:36:25 AM »

Hello Khiem,

Most of the sound that you hear comes from the action of the springer, a good professional tune will quiet down your CFX, make it shoot smoother and more accurate ! CharlieDaTuna is a Great Tuner of Springers and can be found at:http://charliedatuna.com/index.html

If you modify or convertyour muzzlebreak into a device that will reduce the sound, (report) at the muzzle, that is illegal.

I hope this helps you,

Bill

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !