Author Topic: Gamo Maxima  (Read 1209 times)

Gamo Maxima
« on: January 06, 2008, 06:27:43 AM »
Hi Guys, Happy New Year from Spain  :)

I 've got a problem with my Gamo Maxima, one of my fellow members of my club, today noticed the the barrel was not level!
It is pointing upwards by abput 1/4" - 5/8" from the compression chamber to the end of the barrel.
I have checked the barrel and it's not bent.
I've had a good look at it, but can't figure out why? The only thing I can come up with is the the barrel seal is worn allowing the rifle to overcock.

Any help much appreciated!  :)

Regards Jonboy  :)

Offline vinceb

• http://
I don't believe the seal is supposed to function as a stop...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 10:50:10 AM »
... and that the breach is supposed to lock up metal-on-metal. If it's not straight, I suspect poor machining from the factory.

RE: Gamo Maxima
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:02:19 PM »
Hi Vince, this is something that only happened recently, For some reason a few weeks ago I couldn't scope the rifle in, it was shooting too high and I didn't have enough adjustment on the turret.(prior to this it was OK)
I thought it was a problem with the scope so packed the scope, although it solved the problem of scopng in, the rifle became inconsistent.
Something has happened, and I cant put my finger on it!
My only thought was if the seal had worn it would allow the barrel to move slightly upwards.

I have taken the rifle quite a few times, polishing this and that, trying to make it smoother, but can't see what I could have done  :0

Hence asking you guys across the pond who use Gamo's a lot, I cant ask the Spanish I'm not fluent enough yet.

Thanks Jonboy  :)